CamoCannon

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
Molybdenum
Private 2
Private 2

Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:29 pm

This thing is pretty weak by spudfiles standards (I built It before i found this forum), but I'll post it any way.
It was originally used as an airsoft weapon, firing about 100 bbs at large groups/squads, but lately I've been shooting more spuds, and the ocasional 10 inch nail salboted with scotch tape. Its quite fun to use because I can fill it up quickly without a compressor, allowing me to take it to friends houses, family reunions, ect.
Last edited by Molybdenum on Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to the internet, I know everything about everything exept how to actually do anything.
mark.f
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4
Eritrea

Donating Members

Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:32 pm

That's a pretty sweet paint job. Only comment I have is that the reducer before the elbows that go to the barrel is most likely not pressure rated, based on shape and the fact that the bushing at the back does not bottom out. I wouldn't take the gun to any insane pressures (would stick to around 50-70 PSI, or better yet scrap it and build another gun).

Good job, though.
CrashTestDummy II
Private
Private
United States of America

Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:27 pm

Is this your first pneumatic? I think it's a pretty nice cannon! :)

It's a shame about the DWV fitting on there, if that's what it is. Besides that, it's awesome for something built before you found Spudfiles. I'm loving the paintjob too. Very nicely done!

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your creations :)