Check out this trigger mechanism from France

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
POLAND_SPUD
Captain
Captain

Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:15 pm

lol I've seen their work.. some of them are true artisans.. though some would argue it's form over function...

anyway it's good that someone posted that... there is always something you can learn from others
Children are the future

unless we stop them now
clemsonguy1125
Sergeant 5
Sergeant 5

Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:17 pm

Looks pretty cool, may be a spring load ball valve
maverik94
Corporal
Corporal

Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:22 pm

Looks pretty cool, may be a spring load ball valve
That's definatley what it is...
tissu ou tampon auriculaire,
Wait....using tampons as ammo? Why haven't any of us thought of that before???? :D :D :D
I can read a little bit of french, but not that well. He says he's taken the gun up to 25 bar with co2, and It has a range of 100-200 meters with a sabaut if shot a 45 degree angle. he says something about a sear previously, but I don't understand that part.
"You can't be friends with anyone if you aren't friends with yourself."
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not." -André Gide
Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it and I shall move the world.
–Archimedes
Defeat is always momentary.
–Carl Denham

Current Project: None, I'm in Spudremission.
Patto
Private 4
Private 4

Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:36 pm

thats a great setup, same idea as most ball valve triggers with a nicely made trigger, sear and spring ..

There are a lot of really nice guns through the french forum , might be spending a bit of time having a look through there .... if only i could speak french :lol:
iknowmy3tables
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
United States of America

Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:50 pm

that's a nice setup, the arc that guides cable gives the spring gives consistent leverage, it's a great design and it's really well made, but I think I'll just stick with piston valves
boyntonstu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:07 pm

I am looking to trigger my ball valve as the pilot valve for the piston.

I have noticed different power for slow opening and I want a constant pilot action.

My cannon requires less than a 45* angle to fire, not a full 90* opening.

The problem is that the ball valve is currently the trigger and it must be pulled towards the rear.

I would like to integrate the handle and a spring sear.

Pull a little, and she fires.

Any ideas?
Lockednloaded
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
United States of America

Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:38 pm

I've got an idea for my new Co-Ax that is the simplest spring loading system i could think of i drew up a diagram of Sketchup for you its pretty sloppy though :oops:
Its basically a spring inside a tee, it is stretched down to a nail in socket that locks and opens easily, then thats attached to a BV pilot
I hope this helps out, if its too vague ask questions, or i can scan a good drawing