CBHV: Masterclass entry

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
SpudBlaster15
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3
Seychelles

Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:32 am

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras nec placerat erat. Vivamus dapibus egestas nunc, at eleifend neque. Suspendisse potenti. Sed dictum lacus eu nisl pretium vehicula. Ut faucibus hendrerit nisi. Integer ultricies orci eu ultrices malesuada. Fusce id mauris risus. Suspendisse finibus ligula et nisl rutrum efficitur. Vestibulum posuere erat pellentesque ornare venenatis. Integer commodo fermentum tortor in pharetra. Proin scelerisque consectetur posuere. Vestibulum molestie augue ac nibh feugiat scelerisque. Sed aliquet a nunc in mattis.
Last edited by SpudBlaster15 on Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:36 am

SpudBlaster15 wrote:You'll need it. :lol:
I'll say, any man willing to make such statements to his spouse needs to be armed with such brutal weaponry ;)
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
wyz2285
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2
Austria

Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:11 am

Perhaps he meant ghetto in the sense that the gun looks realistic from afar but upon closer inspection you can see how each piece has been meticulously worked and designed to do what it's supposed to do with a rough appearance
I meant something like this, I never really get the meaning of guetto :oops: I thought you were making a gun that looks like one made from a CNC. the gun is very cool I couldn´t do better, I just didn´t like the welds and wood, and I thought you have finished it, but now I know you are still building it.
CpTn_lAw wrote: :D "yay, me wanna make big multishot pnoob with 1000 psi foot pump compressor using diamond as main material. Do you think wet bread make good sealant? " :D
Fnord
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2

Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:13 am

Nah, ghetto isn't really the right word. It even looks a little too good for post-apocalyptic. It looks sort of like improvised-collectible-antique, like what would have been left over from a zombie apocalypse had it happened back in the Wild West era.

And with that I think I'm going to go make an indy film :D

edit, Looking closely there are only a couple spots that need to be touched up, specifically where handle sleeve is welded to the side plates. About 20 minutes with a round file would make it look much nicer. Also go over 'right-hand' side plate with some progressively finer sandpaper. And you can always replace the patched-up wood later and scrape the paint off the pump arm.
Brian the brain
Netherlands

Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:12 pm

I meant something like this, I never really get the meaning of guetto
Okay then...no problem.
And yes...I need to touch up some of the spots.

Wich ones should I adress to first?
Apart from what Fnord said..

Oh..and I got some decorated brass beltbuckle that I can reshape to form a top cover.
This will cover the parts that bother me.
Gun Freak wrote:
Oh my friggin god stop being so awesome, that thing is pure kick ass. Most innovative and creative pneumatic that the files have ever come by!

Can't ask for a better compliment!!
Lockednloaded
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
United States of America

Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:30 pm

I think it looks great right now, and hey, it functions! So +1 for that

Aesthetically though, I think you're going for the literal "sawn off" look where a lever action rifle was literally cut down. In order to achieve this look, I think making the handle actually look like a dismembered grip from a full stock would be the most important addition
I love lamp
Brian the brain
Netherlands

Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:10 pm

Like a whippet gun huh...

Been thinking about replacing that broomstick...
Gun Freak wrote:
Oh my friggin god stop being so awesome, that thing is pure kick ass. Most innovative and creative pneumatic that the files have ever come by!

Brian the brain
Netherlands

Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:33 pm

I've tried to clean it up as much as I can.
My weldingrods have been out in the shed for too long, I think they soaked up some moisture.

I managed to get the welds looking a bit better and the new decorated parts hide the rest. ( cleaned up those welds as well as I could before covering them)

Hope you like it.
If this isn't up to your standards I'm gonna bondo her up and paint it..
I'll probably do the wood too or replace it all together

yes, the shortcut.
This build has taught me so much.Mostly about what not to do.
I started this thing without any sort of plan and I haven;t measured anything.
I think it turned out to be the best thing I ever made.

But now I'm itching to start a new project..
Attachments
008.JPG
005.JPG
004.JPG
003.JPG
Gun Freak wrote:

Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:01 pm

Brilliant! Don't change anything. You're not trying to please us (which you have done anyhow). If you think it's good, leave it! I love it!
OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
warhead052
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:35 pm

Dammit Brian! Please don't change anything else unless you absolutely have to. Its far too cool now to change it.
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:45 pm

This thing is honestly hard to describe in words.

It is like... THE gun. It's the GOD of our community.

:D

Come to think of it, you must name this god! So I can change my name from Holy Shat to Holy... Whatever this is called! :D
OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am

The mark of a true craftsman is knowing when to stop, and I think you've reached that point - it looks great as it is, brilliant work :)
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
Brian the brain
Netherlands

Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:01 pm

Old Shat and now Holy Shat....
Neh...
How did I go from ghetto to God in a matter of days?? :?
The mark of a true craftsman is knowing when to stop
Indeed.
At least I'll give it a rest untill something significant comes to mind.

I´ve asked a befriended carpenter to look out for some noice looking hardwood.
That wood be all I can think of for now.
It is like... THE gun. It's the GOD of our community.
Jack...it seems it´s not just the Dutch that like those joints....
Sober up Freak..

LOL
Gun Freak wrote:

squidchicken
Private 3
Private 3

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:01 am

wow, have been away from anything spud related for a good half a year now, this really makes me wanna go make a pcp or something similar. Great job man, looks amazing by my standard !!!
wyz2285
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2
Austria

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:24 am

Ah, now it´s really pleasant to see :thumbright: I don´t think you need to do anything else, unless a shiny polish
CpTn_lAw wrote: :D "yay, me wanna make big multishot pnoob with 1000 psi foot pump compressor using diamond as main material. Do you think wet bread make good sealant? " :D