Pilotting with a QEV?

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
Tipsypyro
Private
Private
United States of America

Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:27 pm

I know ahead of time that this is probably a dumb question, but I have been raking through the archived posts for the last few nights hoping to find what I need and it may just be that I am getting kinda dense.
I built a 2.5" launcher with a 2" Galcon diaphragm valve and used a 3/4" Orbit sprinkler valve to trigger it. It works awesome but after a while the weight of this thing hanging off the side and a couple bumps on door frames developed a leak on the threads into the lid of the Galcon. I also had a small coaxial I needed to pilot faster so I bought 2 0.5" QEVs online. The little black box valves with no spring or anything. For some reason, I can't seem to wrap my head around a way to use them the same way as the sprinkler. Do I need to vent the piston and add a spring on the pilot port? I know it's probably right in front of me and if so, I apologize for wasting the space. :oops:
As within, so without. As above, so below.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:10 am

The QEV should have three ports labelled R, A and P

R - barrel, A - chamber and P - pilot
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
Tipsypyro
Private
Private
United States of America

Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:18 pm

Yes, it does. My question is how do I equalize the pilot area?
Ok, I got it working by drilling the piston and putting in a spring. I will post some aftermath as soon as it warms up a little.
As within, so without. As above, so below.