Superna- 2" Piston Valved Golf Ball Gun WITH DAMAGE

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
clemsonguy1125
Sergeant 5
Sergeant 5

Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:36 pm

Looks nice, make me want to build another gb gun, but with you 7 foot barrel how do you plan to shoulder fire it without the barrel sagging to the ground. For the heavy piston what about nylon washers.
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:14 pm

Matt_NZ wrote:
Gun Freak wrote: tee in the back makes a good shoulder rest.
Nice, job there 8).
Does this new chamber mean it can be shoulder fired yet, or is the the barrel too long?
Well the tee in the back is kind of far and it would be easier to shoulder fire if it were closer to the valve so I might reconfigure it with the tee close to the valve and a little more chamber volume in front of the valve but I don't feel like rebuilding it again :P
clemsonguy1125 wrote:Looks nice, make me want to build another gb gun, but with you 7 foot barrel how do you plan to shoulder fire it without the barrel sagging to the ground. For the heavy piston what about nylon washers.
Thanks, the barrel is only 5 feet and it can be shoulder fired but it is still easier to just put the chamber pipe under my arm and the tee behind me, sort of like a hip fire but higher up and I can still aim it. I didn't use nylon washers because I don't think they can sustain the force, and I forgot to look for nylon hardware anyways :P
OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
clemsonguy1125
Sergeant 5
Sergeant 5

Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:18 pm

If you use a spring as the bumper you should be fine with nylon washers, nuts, and bolts
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:20 pm

The bumper is half a tennis ball. You can see it in this picture to the left of the sprinkler valve:
OG Anti-Hybrid
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
Lockednloaded
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
United States of America

Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:54 pm

Thats a nice compact package, but for even more compactness, power, and straight up cool factor a hybrid is the only way to go from here. Even if you chamber could handle it, you can only pump it up so high until the law of diminishing returns kicks in.
I love lamp
SpudBlaster15
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3
Seychelles

Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:28 pm

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras nec placerat erat. Vivamus dapibus egestas nunc, at eleifend neque. Suspendisse potenti. Sed dictum lacus eu nisl pretium vehicula. Ut faucibus hendrerit nisi. Integer ultricies orci eu ultrices malesuada. Fusce id mauris risus. Suspendisse finibus ligula et nisl rutrum efficitur. Vestibulum posuere erat pellentesque ornare venenatis. Integer commodo fermentum tortor in pharetra. Proin scelerisque consectetur posuere. Vestibulum molestie augue ac nibh feugiat scelerisque. Sed aliquet a nunc in mattis.
Last edited by SpudBlaster15 on Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:01 pm

I don't care about hybrids, as I will probably never get around to building one. Just because you all are building them doesn't mean you should go around telling us our launchers are not good anymore just because there are better ones out there. I am 14 years old and I don't have the money to be spending on a hybrid cannon and the fuel and all that, plus the only reason I started building was for something fun to do with my extra time. I don't care about efficiency and enery and all that. Pneumatics float my boat. Now I am not dissing hybrids, they are definitely the elite around here. I am only stating that they are not my cup of tea.

------------------

Having said that...
Today I got around to testing my new piston again because it had JB curing on the front bolt and washer. Turns out my floating o-rings made an airtight seal (figures, it makes one when I don't want it to and not when I do want it to), so I modded the washers in front of the o-rings with two small notches opposite each other. The result was fantastic. Quick equilization while still being able to be filled by my bike pump with no trouble, and no backflow for maximum power.

I also tested it's semi auto capabilities. Turns out it fires with no problems semi automatically and it looks like a semi loader is in order :D
The first test went perfect so I decided to video another one.
Then, how convenient, it doesn't work when I try to video it.
So I fixed it up and tried again for the video, and it went perfectly. Here are the videos of the second and third test.

First one is done uploading:
[youtube][/youtube]
Second video, the good one:
[youtube][/youtube]

:occasion5:
OG Anti-Hybrid
Holy Shat!
clemsonguy1125
Sergeant 5
Sergeant 5

Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:34 pm

Looks good, what loading mech is it gonna get, a BFB sounds good and with that size itll be pretty easy to build one.
Last edited by clemsonguy1125 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:39 pm

clemsonguy1125 wrote:Looks good, what loading mech is it gonna get, a BFB sounds good and with that size itll be pretty easy to build one.
I'm thinking a BFB will be powerful and fun to build, I'll use the same design as my piston.
OG Anti-Hybrid
Holy Shat!
Mr.Sandman
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Donating Members

Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:50 pm

Perhaps you should make a new thread instead of filling this one with Ideas and pictures of another subject. Just my humble suggestion, this isn't ITWOST. :roll:
Yeah, it's that important.
Ragnarok
Captain
Captain

Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:57 pm

Looks good to me. Any idea when we can expect to see the BFB and actual semi-auto fire (as opposed to a repeating noisemaker)?
Lockednloaded wrote:That's a nice compact package, but for even more compactness, power, and straight up cool factor a hybrid is the only way to go from here.
You're telling someone who's built a modestly sized pneumatic usually used at significantly under 100 psi that there's only one way to go from there? You cannot be serious. :roll:
Come on - if you hybrid supremacists are looking for new recruits, someone who's built that kind of launcher is hardly the most likely candidate.
Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:09 pm

Mr.Sandman wrote:Perhaps you should make a new thread instead of filling this one with Ideas and pictures of another subject. Just my humble suggestion, this isn't ITWOST. :roll:
I disagree, this is all discussion of updates on the gun from the original posts.
Any idea when we can expect to see the BFB and actual semi-auto fire (as opposed to a repeating noisemaker)?
I think I will go with a detent tee mag for a loader, but give me a few weeks.
Come on - if you hybrid supremacists are looking for new recruits, someone who's built that kind of launcher is hardly the most likely candidate.
Are you implying that I lack the skill and experience to build a hybrid?
OG Anti-Hybrid
Holy Shat!
Lockednloaded
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
United States of America

Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:12 pm

A hybrid is not outside of a semi-experienced spudder's realm. They can be built entirely from unmodified plumbing parts. Good work on the "semi automatic fire" A DCV would be a good replacement for the blowgun
I love lamp
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:15 pm

A DCV is unnessecary since the sprinkler is already filled from the chamber side.
OG Anti-Hybrid
Holy Shat!
Ragnarok
Captain
Captain

Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:37 pm

Gun Freak wrote:Are you implying that I lack the skill and experience to build a hybrid?
Not in the slightest - more the opposite.
You could easily build much more powerful things, but you don't. Hence, you're (probably) not the kind of power fiend they should be looking to appeal to.
Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?