Superna- 2" Piston Valved Golf Ball Gun WITH DAMAGE

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:38 pm

Ragnarok wrote:Not in the slightest - more the opposite.
You could easily build much more powerful things, but you don't. Hence, you're (probably) not the kind of power fiend they should be looking to appeal to.
Ok, just clearing it up. Thanks.
OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
Lockednloaded
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
United States of America

Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:54 pm

Rag, you keep referring to people who want to build hybrids like they are not part of the community, but more like outcast who have to draw power hungry maniacs away from actual spudding.

And on topic,
I see I missed that, but it looks like you still need higher fill flow for decent ROF
I love lamp
Technician1002
Captain
Captain

Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:04 pm

He was throttling the fill rate with the small ball valve. I think he was trying to reduce the amount of air lost while the piston and sprinkler valve recovered.

Without a ball valve, the Marshmallow Cannon has a good ROF. It does not take long to re-close it after a shot. My little compressor simply does not keep up.
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:06 pm

Lockednloaded wrote:Rag, you keep referring to people who want to build hybrids like they are not part of the community, but more like outcast who have to draw power hungry maniacs away from actual spudding.
In his defence, SOME PEOPLE tend to think that anybody who doesn't have a hybrid is inferior and that they need to build one and it is very obvious. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE and seriously, tone it down....
And on topic,
I see I missed that, but it looks like you still need higher fill flow for decent ROF
The ball valve wasn't opened all the way, but I think it can fill fast enough for a shot every second, which is fine. You have to aim after each shot so a faster ROF is not nessecary.
OG Anti-Hybrid
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:08 pm

Technician1002 wrote:He was throttling the fill rate with the small ball valve. I think he was trying to reduce the amount of air lost while the piston and sprinkler valve recovered.
You nailed it. Plus, I wasn't testing how fast of an ROF I could get. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow.
OG Anti-Hybrid
Holy Shat!
SpudBlaster15
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3
Seychelles

Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:19 pm

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras nec placerat erat. Vivamus dapibus egestas nunc, at eleifend neque. Suspendisse potenti. Sed dictum lacus eu nisl pretium vehicula. Ut faucibus hendrerit nisi. Integer ultricies orci eu ultrices malesuada. Fusce id mauris risus. Suspendisse finibus ligula et nisl rutrum efficitur. Vestibulum posuere erat pellentesque ornare venenatis. Integer commodo fermentum tortor in pharetra. Proin scelerisque consectetur posuere. Vestibulum molestie augue ac nibh feugiat scelerisque. Sed aliquet a nunc in mattis.
Last edited by SpudBlaster15 on Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ragnarok
Captain
Captain

Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:28 pm

@Lockednloaded: Yes, exactly. I was also told something about the general size of the anatomy of hybrid fetishists, but the pink elephant is looking at me very threateningly, so I think I'd better not repeat it.

More seriously, I don't see why you feel that you need to peddle hybrids. The kind of people you're telling are fully aware of the power potential and can decide if they're interested on their own - so the endless parroting of hybrid supremacy is only going to annoy people.

Also, what else am I supposed to think of your "recruitment methods" when your weapon of choice is popping up in the thread of a launcher that really doesn't need hybridisation?
If you're going to make suggestions for improvements, make them relevant to what the launcher is trying to do.
Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
velocity3x
Corporal 4
Corporal 4

Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:57 pm

Lockednloaded wrote: for even more compactness, power, and straight up cool factor a hybrid is the only way to go from here.

The only way to go from here?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lockednloaded
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
United States of America

Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:57 pm

I've made many relevant comments, and this may be the very first time I have ever made a comment about hybrids to another member who is not interested at the time. You can't make an entire generalization about someone based on a harmless suggestion.

I only suggest this because GF has built an array of pneumatics and has access to proper hybrid building materials.

And on topic:
Sorry, I see what you were doing with the valve now. Maybe a gauge needs to be installed to show when maximum pressure is reached so shots are consistent
I love lamp
velocity3x
Corporal 4
Corporal 4

Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:07 pm

Double post
Ragnarok
Captain
Captain

Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:24 pm

Lockednloaded wrote:This may be the very first time I have ever made a comment about hybrids to another member who is not interested at the time.
Maybe, but I've seen hybrid pedlars all over the place, and reading a recycled "pneumatic dead end" speech or its equivalent for the eleventeenth time does get a mite wearing.
SpudBlaster15
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3
Seychelles

Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:28 pm

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras nec placerat erat. Vivamus dapibus egestas nunc, at eleifend neque. Suspendisse potenti. Sed dictum lacus eu nisl pretium vehicula. Ut faucibus hendrerit nisi. Integer ultricies orci eu ultrices malesuada. Fusce id mauris risus. Suspendisse finibus ligula et nisl rutrum efficitur. Vestibulum posuere erat pellentesque ornare venenatis. Integer commodo fermentum tortor in pharetra. Proin scelerisque consectetur posuere. Vestibulum molestie augue ac nibh feugiat scelerisque. Sed aliquet a nunc in mattis.
Last edited by SpudBlaster15 on Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lockednloaded
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
United States of America

Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:11 pm

Ragnarok wrote:Also, what else am I supposed to think of your "recruitment methods" when your weapon of choice is popping up in the thread of a launcher that really doesn't need hybridisation?
Hypocritical much? So many of your posts on others cannons directly link to HEAL, and how awesome it is. I don't think you need to be lecturing me about ONE playful suggestion.
Ragnarok wrote: More seriously, I don't see why you feel that you need to peddle hybrids. The kind of people you're telling are fully aware of the power potential and can decide if they're interested on their own - so the endless parroting of hybrid supremacy is only going to annoy people.
It's not like I'm spamming the site telling people "BUILD A HYBRID NOOB" on every thread, and I am sure not bragging about my hybrid, so what makes a simple suggestion so bad? Its a community where people are free to express their own opinions, and if you think that makes me some sort of "Supremacist", then you really don't have much of a place here
I love lamp
Technician1002
Captain
Captain

Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:12 am

A general word to the wise.. Sorry for the off topic post.. Don't let this become a flame war and raise the wrath of the mods.. :roll:

The thread topic is 2 inch Piston Valve Golf ball gun. Hybrid discussion and their merits should be in the combustion section under hybrids.

Back on topic, The videos are great. Have you tried higher pressure? I like the idea of the 1/2 tennis ball. I may try one to see how well it holds up.

Do you think the force on the piston will become too strong for the bumper when the pressure is higher and a barrel and projectile is used?
Ragnarok
Captain
Captain

Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:12 pm

Lockednloaded wrote:Hypocritical much?
Not really. In the last year, go and count how many posts where I've mentioned HEAL for the basis of hyping it, rather than for any relevant purpose (perhaps as an example for the sake of discussion, say). The number is evidently less than you think it is.
Its a community where people are free to express their own opinions, and if you think that makes me some sort of "Supremacist", then you really don't have much of a place here.
And my opinion is that, while discussions of the merits of hybrids are all well and good, they should be at least a little more relevant to the discussion at hand.

Also, see "Hyperbole".
SpudBlaster15 wrote:That's only because it's painful for pneumatic enthusiasts such as yourself to admit the validity of such statements.
Why exactly? You might as well tell me that this is a hopeless dead end, with no chance of standing up to modern designs in practicality or performance - it won't stop me liking it.