EDIT Butane powered pneumatic

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
psycix
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4

Donating Members

Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:03 am

I only wonder what kind of safety measures he did concerning the premixed chamber.
Safety burst disk is a must if you ask me.
Till the day I'm dieing, I'll keep them spuddies flying, 'cause I can!

Spudfiles steam group, join!
john bunsenburner
Sergeant 5
Sergeant 5

Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:50 pm

Well butane wont just burst into flames and because it is all from metal i am fairly sure his premix chamber/tank can hold a normal combustion of 100psi, most definately. If it was to be a hybrid i guess he could still have fairly high pressures, i bet that the chamber could easyly hold a 1-3x mix and have it ignite without it blowing up. If he is still unsure he could add a safety pop of instead of a burst disk.

Et ci quel quen veut parle en français, moi je parle la launge de la grande nation :D :wink: , mais mon gramere et pas tres bon :? .
If any one want some translating, i am mor eor less fluent in french, my grammer is not the best though but that doesnt really make much of a difference.

P.s. Are any of you acctually suprised that 250 matches came up for JSR(his full name which i cannot be bothered to write out) and epoxy. I am acctually suprised its that little.
Last edited by john bunsenburner on Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Did you ever stop to think that out of the seven deadly sins envy is the only one which doesn't give the sinner even momentary pleasure"-George Will
Ragnarok
Captain
Captain

Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:42 pm

john bunsenburner wrote:If it was to be a hybrid i guess he could still have fairly high pressures, i bet that the chamber could easyly hold a 1-3x mix and have it ignite without it blowing up.
The pre-mix tank is at around 6 bar - in other words, roughly equivalent to a 7x mix.

However, I suspect this mix is somewhat off, and fire extinguishers, even the lesser pressure ones, would almost certainly contain that without exploding.
Et ci quel quen veut parle en français, moi je parle la launge de la grande nation, mais mon gramere et pas tres bon
Now, I'm not fluent in french, I only passed my GCSE as well as I did because my french teacher "conveniently" had "other work to do" for the "from memory" short essay (cue everyone getting out the copies they had written beforehand to copy from) - but even I can tell you've mis-spelt "langue".

Mais, non. Je lis des langue Européen avec un petit peu de succes. C'est le ecrit qui est le défi.

I am now expecting to be told that was the most horribly hideous botching of French ever, the grammar's been put in backwards, I've muddled up the genders and all the accents are wrong - however, it tells you roughly how hypocritical my spelling correction is.

You're lucky it wasn't German though. As JSR will be able to tell you, last time I used German on these forums, I killed several people...
P.s. Are any of you acctually suprised that 250 matches came up for JSR(his full name which i cannot be bothered to write out) and epoxy.[/b]
Hang on. Comparison time
* JSR(his full name which i cannot be bothered to write out)
* jackssmirkingrevenge

In typing JSR with the note, you have easily doubled your typing load over just typing his full name - or by a factor of about 10 if you'd just gone with the usual acronym on it's own. :P
And for the stockers here who want to find out what JSR's location is, there are some clues in this thread IMO
There are still forum rules against discussing it you know. :roll:
This thread doesn't say much more than you'd get out of him anyway. All he'll openly say is "Europe, and not the UK" (although I've paraphrased that somewhat).

Actually, no - he'll be more likely to tell you that he lives in an "Epoxy bat cave."
Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
psycix
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4

Donating Members

Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:49 pm

Well butane wont just burst into flames
Note that fire rages in the chamber and barrel next to it.
i bet that the chamber could easyly hold a 1-3x mix and have it ignite without it blowing up
The butane + air is under pressure, I do not now how high, but it is a hybrid mixture.
If he is still unsure he could add a safety pop of instead of a burst disk.
The pressure rises and drops in no time. A popoff is too slow for that.
A small burst disk has a higher flow.

john bunsenburner
Sergeant 5
Sergeant 5

Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:00 pm

As i said, my french grammer is horrible, i was born in the french speakign part of switzerland, it was my second language but i never got old eanoth there to acctually learn anything to do with writing. I was unsure of how to spell jackssmirkingrevenge, becuase this is acctually my first post ever where i wrote it all out and so instead of copy what i wrote so far, goign back to the previous page pasting everythign into the quick reply box there, copy pasting jackssmirkingrevenge into my sentance and then writng one, i decided to did what i did. I edited my post about his location, and knowing JSR from his posts, and epoxy from its smell and ability to go everywhere i think epoxy bat cave isnt too far off, atleast when it comes to his house.

Ach, und da du so verbissen beweisen wolltest das dein Deutsch vorzüglich ist, und das es bei der Anwendung von dieser Spracher durch dich zu keinen alzu fatalen Unfallen kommt hab ich das soeben geschriebene,ja die ganz klugen kopfe haben es vieleich schon eraten, geschrieben.

Hows the above for a little german fresh up Ragnarok(note i typed the whole name outfor the second time now i belive)?

Oh, and before i foret: I truely thank you, you acctually read my whole post including the small text which most dont bother with, shows me i am not just talking to my self in these posts.
"Did you ever stop to think that out of the seven deadly sins envy is the only one which doesn't give the sinner even momentary pleasure"-George Will
starman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
United States of America

Donating Members

Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:21 pm

john bunsenburner wrote:Oh, and before i foret: I truely thank you, you acctually read my whole post including the small text which most dont bother with, shows me i am not just talking to my self in these posts.
More members read and comprehend posts than you might think, even the small text stuff. That's why it's best to carefully think about what you write before hitting that submit button... :wink:
Ragnarok
Captain
Captain

Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:30 am

john bunsenburner wrote:Hows the above for a little german fresh up Ragnarok(note i typed the whole name outfor the second time now i belive)?
I'm not even going to attempt to reply in German - I'm not even entirely sure about everything you said...

However, I shall guess.

French is the only language other than English in which that I have any chance of making myself intelligible (Well, there is the language I wrote myself, but none of you know the faintest details of that language, so it's kind of moot).
My French is actually rubbish, and the only reason I can ever get it to sound vaguely reasonable is because I'm okay with the grammar, and I can sort of fudge what bits I can remember together in such a way that I can express simple concepts in what is a bit like the written equivalent of a monotone.

But like I said, the only German I can reliably quote is dangerous.
Oh, and before i foret: I truely thank you, you acctually read my whole post including the small text which most dont bother with, shows me i am not just talking to my self in these posts.
Just about all the long term members do. You have to post text in tiny white and have no-one quote the post for it to go unnoticed around here.
Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
inonickname
First Sergeant 4
First Sergeant 4

Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:31 am

Oh, and you bit to prove wanted that in such a way there your German is excellent, and it with the use of these fatal by you to none comes has I the just now written, completely intelligent head has it much-calibrates already written.

Erm..what? I think I stuffed something up..

I'm sort of ok with french.
Faites vous aimez-vous avoir le sexe avec des vaches ?
PimpAssasinG wrote:no im strong but you are a fat gay mother sucker that gets raped by black man for fun
john bunsenburner
Sergeant 5
Sergeant 5

Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:46 am

@inonickname, Simply put: WTF?!, What distubed me the most is that you used the PLURAL form of vache. :wink:

:D :D :D :D
CpTn_lAw
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:32 pm

Lol, i was pissing myself reading your posts XD , if you want to speak french, why not do it with a real french ??

Ok je vois que certains aiment baiser des vaches, et d'autres se débrouillent pour juste écrire quelques mots. Honnetement je suis surpris que même un de vous parle le francais ! C'est cool je me sens un peu moins seul!! ^^

Okay guys, take care ;) see y'all later

Edit : On the french forums, the guy who created this cannon said that, the fuel injector (being the water pistol) is mounted in reverse, making it a simple spring-pushed piston, that he compresses when injecting the fuel. What has been stated is that, when the pressure of the shot generates say 80 psi of pressure, and th chamber containing the fuel is at less than 25psi, the piston kinda moves in the water pistol, and thus sends a little gas in the fuel chamber. This is like biiiig danger... So, he is ingenious, creative, and has a certain talent for building things, but...safety? wut iz da safety? *I has a bomb in da hands*
"J'mets mes pieds où j'veux, et c'est souvent dans la gueule."
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:48 pm

psycix
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4

Donating Members

Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:37 pm

Wow that means that there will be a day where a flame will go into the bulk tank via the piston tube and BLAM. One dead french guy.

john bunsenburner
Sergeant 5
Sergeant 5

Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:43 pm

The tank will not explode during the combustiong!!! We said that three times in this thread and so i will say it again, just so every one sees it.

The tank with the premixed mixture will not explode even if the gasses inside ignite!
psycix
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4

Donating Members

Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:18 pm

But the piston tube and some other stuff will.

julien_62
Private
Private

Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:36 pm

hello,
if you have some questions on our forum
we created a discussion where every body speaks english
here
you can ask some questions in english and our forum will answer your questions in English :wink: