DEAD 43mm (GB) Semi-Auto Video 2!

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:02 pm

Lovely! Especially towards the end. You know, you're a timer circuit away from having a golf ball autocannon... not to put any ideas into your head or anything ;)
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
c11man
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:15 pm

You know, you're a timer circuit away from having a golf ball autocannon... not to put any ideas into your head or anything
do you really think this hasnt crossed my mind? i am looking into it and if i do make a circut i will add things such as a digital pressure sensor that i have laying around( i have lots of goodies laying around dont it?) so that it wont attempt to fire if the chamber is under 50psi so that the valves properly accuate
Mr.Sandman
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Donating Members

Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:02 pm

c11man wrote:
You know, you're a timer circuit away from having a golf ball autocannon... not to put any ideas into your head or anything
do you really think this hasnt crossed my mind? i am looking into it and if i do make a circut i will add things such as a digital pressure sensor that i have laying around( i have lots of goodies laying around dont it?) so that it wont attempt to fire if the chamber is under 50psi so that the valves properly accuate
Am I sensing a tone of hostility? Hehe. Looks good c11 The valves add a nice touch.
Yeah, it's that important.
deathbyDWV
Corporal
Corporal

Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:05 pm

Looks really good. I must have missed this when you first posted it... Maybe drilling a hole in the back of the bolt is all I needed to do to make mine work...

Video is good too...
Life's too short to mark off the items on your wish list...
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:31 am

c11man wrote:do you really think this hasnt crossed my mind? i am looking into it and if i do make a circut i will add things such as a digital pressure sensor that i have laying around( i have lots of goodies laying around dont it?) so that it wont attempt to fire if the chamber is under 50psi so that the valves properly accuate
Looking forward to it :) You might consider adding a bypass with a check valve to fill the chamber quicker.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
c11man
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:36 pm

i am planning on reduing the piston with some highflow check valves built in for faster filling, a bypass is also a good idea but if the cracking pressure is too low the piston might have trouble seating

with the parts i have ordered i will be able to adjust the ROF from 25rpm al the way up to 70rpm. even with the new piston and a good compressor i dont see this cannon being able to handle over the 70rpm so i think i am good
c11man
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:34 pm

due to the repeated slaming forward of the piston against the porting pipe it developed a crack and the pressure blew a chunk of that pipe out. of course the piston has a bit of trouble sealing on a pipe thats not all there.
so in other words this cannon is currently DEAD/BROKEN!
it will be fixed but that will take some time due to the fact that the entire valve section will need to be replaced since it is all glued together

suggestions for improvements/upgrades that i can do while fixing it?
Mr.Sandman
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Donating Members

Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:07 pm

c11man wrote:due to the repeated slaming forward of the piston against the porting pipe it developed a crack and the pressure blew a chunk of that pipe out. of course the piston has a bit of trouble sealing on a pipe thats not all there.
so in other words this cannon is currently DEAD/BROKEN!
it will be fixed but that will take some time due to the fact that the entire valve section will need to be replaced since it is all glued together

suggestions for improvements/upgrades that i can do while fixing it?
I had a very strong feeling this was going to happen. A new part if you rebuild it should be a bumper. You have a knack for breaking pvc pipe with your creations eh?
c11man
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:15 pm

there is a bumper behind the piston but thats not what broke, after firing the piston is back, valve is opened and the piston slams forward. this repetative slamming caused the smaller 1 1/2in pipe to break.

and i dont have a knack for it, they are just accidents. only twice has my pcv broke and once was dwv
Mr.Sandman
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Donating Members

Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:29 pm

c11man wrote:there is a bumper behind the piston but thats not what broke, after firing the piston is back, valve is opened and the piston slams forward. this repetative slamming caused the smaller 1 1/2in pipe to break.

and i dont have a knack for it, they are just accidents. only twice has my pcv broke and once was dwv
Sigh I can never have a joke can I :roll: No what I meant was a bumper on the bolt or maybe a stronger barrel and bolt made of metal. Pvc doesn't like being subjected to high impact for some reason.
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:01 pm

Oh dang that sucks, I know what its like to rebuild whole glued sections :roll:
OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
Gaderelguitarist
Corporal
Corporal

Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:11 pm

Perhaps you could use a softer type of rubber for the sealing face of the piston. That might work.
so many muchness
30cal man
Private
Private

Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:50 pm

here is a quick drawing i drew up for a very simple full auto circut it works i tried it when i used something simular to make a c cell batterie launcher however i lost interest when i ran out of c batteries which was very quick let me know what you think

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
POLAND_SPUD
Captain
Captain

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:08 pm

not a bad idea but it will be easier to use a timer relay
Children are the future

unless we stop them now
c11man
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:45 pm

yeah im not gonna mess with screws and contacts on the bolt. but a very creative idea!

what i am going to do is place a spring behind the piston so that it is against the barrel before pressurization elimitateing the forward slam of the piston. also i will put a bypass hose from the pilot area to the chamber that will hasten filling and a check valve will prevent back flow.

so i gotta order some parts, go to the store and it should all be up and running in about 3 weeks