Single Action, Newer Design

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
maverik94
Corporal
Corporal

Sun May 10, 2009 11:42 am

ok, thanks, I feel better. I hope this gun will be good. Thanks for all your help you guys!
"You can't be friends with anyone if you aren't friends with yourself."
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not." -André Gide
Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it and I shall move the world.
–Archimedes
Defeat is always momentary.
–Carl Denham

Current Project: None, I'm in Spudremission.
Ragnarok
Captain
Captain

Sun May 10, 2009 11:42 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:... and that was an indication of the sort of power levels they require, to put muzzle energy into perspective.
I think the more important thing to put into perspective is the tiny lethal target area that you need to hit to make do with those energies.

It takes a reasonable shooter and a good quality rifle to reliably hit that kind of area at any real range. You're highly unlikely to see that kind of accuracy from a homemade plinker.
Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
maverik94
Corporal
Corporal

Sun May 10, 2009 11:44 am

well, I'm going to use home-made cone-shaped bullets, so I'm hoping for a pretty acurate gun, but we'll see.
Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it and I shall move the world.
–Archimedes
–Carl Denham

jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sun May 10, 2009 12:23 pm

Ragnarok wrote:I think the more important thing to put into perspective is the tiny lethal target area that you need to hit to make do with those energies.
... also indicated in the table ;)
It takes a reasonable shooter and a good quality rifle to reliably hit that kind of area at any real range. You're highly unlikely to see that kind of accuracy from a homemade plinker
Indeed, in which case one would be inclined to make a simple "burst fire" multishot, with a 0.177" barrel and using the area between the barrel and the blowgun valve as a small cloud magazine.
Ragnarok
Captain
Captain

Sun May 10, 2009 12:49 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:... also indicated in the table.
As I know. However, you hadn't drawn attention to it. I was making sure that it was taken in and noted.

@maverik94: I don't really think so. I've only ever seen a couple of spudguns that were accurate enough that I would even consider the possibility that they might be usable (although not suitable) for hunting.

And no offence intended, but they're in something of a different league to what you're talking about.

~~~~~

Anyway, I think we've been bending the rules quite enough. I'm half surprised we haven't been moderated yet.
Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
maverik94
Corporal
Corporal

Sun May 10, 2009 1:25 pm

Hey, I said I was sorry about the rodent comment, After that I didn't talk about it anymore.
–Archimedes
–Carl Denham