Mythbusters Bird Launcher

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
rednecktatertosser
Corporal
Corporal

Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:53 pm

@paaiyan- true i didnt think about that before i originally posted, and in all my newfound knowledge from you guys i realized that the lead sinker theory could work, quite well at that.

@clide- Yeah, i hadnt considered that either.
"When you tell some body something, it depends on which part of these United States your standing in, as to how dumb you sound."
-Burt Reynolds as: Bo "Bandit" Darville
joannaardway
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:22 pm

Modderxtrordanare wrote:Joann, <snip>
Could we make it either Joanna or Jo please?
The half-shortenings that people use aren't ideal.

It is indeed about sharing, but much as paaiyan said - I myself am not 100% certain about the theory I have (given I can't test it, I don't know how sound the theory is), so I'd like to think it through more before I post anything as solid fact.
Novacastrian: How about use whatever the heck you can get your hands on?
frankrede: Well then I guess it won't matter when you decide to drink bleach because your out of kool-aid.
...I'm sorry, but that made my year.
Modderxtrordanare
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Donating Members

Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:49 pm

joannaardway wrote:
Modderxtrordanare wrote:Joann, <snip>

Could we make it either Joanna or Jo please?
The half-shortenings that people use aren't ideal.

It is indeed about sharing, but much as paaiyan said - I myself am not 100% certain about the theory I have (given I can't test it, I don't know how sound the theory is), so I'd like to think it through more before I post anything as solid fact.

I'm lysdexic and I didn't see the two a's in your name, so I assumed "Ardway" was a last name and "Joann" was your first name. :oops: Sorry.

But, you could always post it as a theory, and then we could all discuss it and eventually find out how they did it.
Spudding since '05. Proud waster of plumbing and plumbing accessories.

-Wiki
-How-To: Modding a Sprinkler Valve
joannaardway
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:04 pm

Modderxtrordanare wrote:I'm lysdexic...
Quite obviously from just those two words.

But it's not a problem... I've had everything from Jo through to Joanna when people drop varying numbers of letters from the end.
Novacastrian: How about use whatever the heck you can get your hands on?
frankrede: Well then I guess it won't matter when you decide to drink bleach because your out of kool-aid.
...I'm sorry, but that made my year.