For The Aussie Spudder! - Extreme Poly Pipe

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
Mitchza89
Sergeant
Sergeant

Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:57 am

G'day,

I'm currently making a new co-axial bb repeater at the moment. I needed to come up with something very strong, threaded, smooth and very cheap to use as the outside chamber pipe.

I came up with this. I simply bought a meter of 25mm aluminium tube, and 60cm of 25mm poly pipe. What I found astounding was the tube fitted absolutely perfectly inside the poly. It was a perfectly tight fit. Almost too perfect...

I'm planning on making this a repeater by having a pop off valve with a very strong spring installed in it behind the piston, I've got a machined hardwood piston that's a perfect fit and I plan on putting a spring behind that. I'll also stick a spring behind the trigger lever mechanism, which should hopefully add a bit more force into closing the pop off valve and resealing it all quickly. I plan on going up to 400psi, and with using a 6mm airsoft barrel, I should be able to get quite a few high powered shots.

Tell us what ya think.
Attachments
The poly casing. I wanted something that didn't need soldering like copper pipe and threaded tube fittings
The poly casing. I wanted something that didn't need soldering like copper pipe and threaded tube fittings
The added aluminium tube. It should strengthen the hell out of the pipe. Should be able to really crank the pressure.
The added aluminium tube. It should strengthen the hell out of the pipe. Should be able to really crank the pressure.
Perfectly smoothe
Perfectly smoothe
Carlman
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:44 am

where did you get the aluminium from mate ive been looking EVERYWHERE :shock:

nice find and cant wait!!
Aussie spudders unite!!
Mitchza89
Sergeant
Sergeant

Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:56 am

Bunnings mate. When I saw it I just licked my lips and said MINE! it's in the "mouldings" section. For house building and what not. You'll see a rack of 8, 15, 20 and 25mm alu tube. In 1m lengths and 6m lengths. The 1m of 25mm was about... 6 bucks. The poly pipe was 3....You can't go wrong!
Lentamentalisk
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:23 am

the issue still remains of thread strength, though if the pipe was rated to 400psi in the first place, it should work great to strengthen it.
Good luck on your repeater.
Do not look back, and grieve over the past, for it is gone;
Do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come;
Live life in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering.
SpudFarm
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3

Donating Members

Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:26 am

threads can be stronger - locking screws.

another thing you can do is to put the pipe in while in the shop put on two end caps and buy it. free alu pipe. (don't blame me)
"Made in France"
- A spud gun insurance.
Mitchza89
Sergeant
Sergeant

Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:16 pm

It's too tight of a fit. I had to get the pipe in with a rubber mallet :D