Mine Challenge - New Pics With trip wire mine.

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
warhead052
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:10 pm

Hey welcome back David. Glad to see your still around.

Your theory sounds like it will work, but I don't quite see how the throwing the mine part will work.
Davidvaini
Sergeant 4
Sergeant 4

Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:17 pm

warhead052 wrote:Hey welcome back David. Glad to see your still around.

Your theory sounds like it will work, but I don't quite see how the throwing the mine part will work.
okay basically the support beam (sear) that holds the plunger up would be removed when the grenade hits the ground.

when the sear gets dislodged in any way the spring pressure that it is hold up will cause the sear to pop out when the grenade hits the ground.

so instead of pulling the tripwire to pop out the sear, the sear pops out on impact.
warhead052
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:31 pm

Ok, makes sense now. Sounds like it would work, but how would you make it so that it doesn't shatter the pvc when the pressure spike hits it?
Davidvaini
Sergeant 4
Sergeant 4

Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:05 pm

It is an open system, so when the co2 gets punctured it is immediately exiting the device. Just like a bbmg, the actual pressure inside the device is very very low. The diameter of the pvc and the pressure rating has an extremely high safety factor, even including brittleness of pvc under the cold.

I am gonna be playing with a bunch of different variations, and I will test it extensively.

Also, it doesnt release the co2 until after it hits the ground.