Golf Ball Cannon

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
Crna Legija
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2

Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:20 am

This is the start of my piston hybrid I need to get some parts like a accurate pressure gauge and few ball valves, but for now I rigged it up as a pneumatic.

edit: [youtube][/youtube]
Attachments
The piston bolt washer set up works great but the front washer got bent when I first shot it, replaced it with 3 and now its good and put a better bumper.
The piston bolt washer set up works great but the front washer got bent when I first shot it, replaced it with 3 and now its good and put a better bumper.
pistion.JPG (32.69 KiB) Viewed 718 times
a close up of the seat.
a close up of the seat.
The seat its a 1'' type L pipe soldered into a 1'' nipple.
The seat its a 1'' type L pipe soldered into a 1'' nipple.
all.JPG
all.JPG (36.27 KiB) Viewed 718 times
where i welded a fitting into the fire extinguisher, tested to 400psi and will only use it at 250 for the next few week.
where i welded a fitting into the fire extinguisher, tested to 400psi and will only use it at 250 for the next few week.
'' To alcohol... The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.”
--Homer Simpson

Add me on ps3: wannafuk, 8/11/11 cant wait
MrCrowley

Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:24 am

Looking good, glad to see some more hybrid cannons being made.

A few questions:
1. Are you planning on having an isolated pilot valve for the hybrid setup? Not sure if those rubber gaskets could perform like o-rings. Although not crucial, 100% sealed pilots make it easy when it comes to fuelling. You'd have to epoxy all the nuts on the piston for a 100% seal as well.
2. What pilot valve system are you using for the hybrid; vented pilot or air spring?
Crna Legija
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2

Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:39 am

I'm gonna copy the pilot you and SB15 have, I will isolate the pilot, I had to cut a groove into the rubber gaskets to let air. I put thread locker on the nuts to seal em off.
'' To alcohol... The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.”
--Homer Simpson

Add me on ps3: wannafuk, 8/11/11 cant wait