Build Log. Select fire airsoft/bb Bullpup

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
sinister_shadows
Private 2
Private 2

Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:40 am

Before i start this thread, i want to say a very big thank you to Zues, Jsr and Wyv2285, because without them this build would have never of happened.

The Idea
I come from the land of Oz, and sadly our government wont allow us to have airsoft guns. Ive always wanted one, so i decided if they wont let me buy it, ill build it. So the research began on a way to build what i wanted. Thats when i came across Wyz's youtube video about making a semi auto airgun with a qev and a 3way. i liked the idea but didnt like having to pull a sleeve to fire it. Along came the idea for a solenoid activated 3way.

All that was left was to find a way to be able to pulse a current to the solenoid to have select fire. Zues stepped up with the idea to control it via a 555 timer. This was a little above my electronics knowledge and parts availability, so he so graciously offered to build it for me. This is the heart of the gun, without it it would be just another semi.

I also wanted to build something that looked somewhat "real" rather then just a bunch of parts stuck together. After some searching i decided to stuff it all into the body of a Steyr, Australia's main service rifle. The steyr offered a fair but of room in the butt-stock for valves. tubing and an internal pressure tank. This gun will run of propane, mostly because i dont want to pump and id like to get a decent ammout of shots to a fill. Zues is also a key part to the internal tank, because i have no idea how to make it.

Parts
Looking in my ebay purchase history reveals 20 purchases for this gun, almost half of those being for the body

Main firing valve - 1/2" Qev
Pilot Valve - 24v 3way, 2 position solenoid valve
Connections - 8mm Tube Push-to-Connect Fittings, with nylon tube
Loading mechanism - Single Action Pneumatic Air Cylinder (if T-mag)
barrel - Carbon arrow shaft (i have plenty i cant use with my bow)
ammo - 6mm Steel bb. Airsoft bb i cant seem to find in Aus.
propane tank - 3/4 steel fittings, filled with liquid propane
Fire control unit - 555 timer courtesy of Zues
magizine - Still debating, possibly a T-mag or inline like this http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/semi-au ... 24539.html

Aesthetics
As stated before, this will be mounted into the body of a 1-1 scale Styre, though i will be making some modifications. I would like to build a DMR version of a Styre. Using the wounders of pimp my gun, this is the design i think im going to go with.

integrated suppressor (most likley not real)
Side and under barrel Rails
Folding bipod
New folding front grip
Low profile laser
Air rifle scope
45 degree offset rail with Red-Dot sight

Currently the "supressor" Is as long as the body of the steyr, i dont know if i should shorten it or leave it

So im at the point of waiting for my parts to show up so i can start building.
Attachments
design.jpg
Last edited by sinister_shadows on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.