3D Printed 2000psi Air Bow

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.
SnooBeans 3523
Private
Private
Hong Kong

Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:52 am

Hello everyone, I am from Asia and I have been a fan of this forum. Recently, I have started to try DIY projects. As English is not my native language, I am using GTP for translation. :D :D

I will try my best to describe text using images. :P

This is an anatomy diagram that shows the trigger mechanism principle.

GGTD simulation and subsequent real-world testing were nearly identical
Moonbogg
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3
United States of America

Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:36 pm

How did I miss this? This is incredible work! I love this shit that thing's amazing. Welcome to the forum! Any chance of a video?
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:00 pm

Moonbogg wrote:
How did I miss this?
I think new users have to be manually approved and therefore there might be a delay between post date and the day it is actually visible.
SnooBeans 3523 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:52 am
Hello everyone, I am from Asia and I have been a fan of this forum. Recently, I have started to try DIY projects. As English is not my native language, I am using GTP for translation. :D
Welcome to the forum and excellent work! Are you using commercially available airgun parts? I've noticed there are quite a few valve units, regulators and tanks available on eBay.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
SnooBeans 3523
Private
Private
Hong Kong

Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:38 am

Moonbogg wrote:
How did I miss this? This is incredible work! I love this shit that thing's amazing. Welcome to the forum! Any chance of a video?
Thanks for the comments,I will record videos when I have time.

Here are some pictures of my recent work.

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:00 pm
Welcome to the forum and excellent work! Are you using commercially available airgun parts? I've noticed there are quite a few valve units, regulators and tanks available on eBay.
Yes, around 2013, I purchased valve components, but I didn't have time to complete the project as I was still in high school.

Main valves and CO2 fire extinguisher valves have similar functions, and their stems can also be interchangeable.

Last year, I found these valve devices again in the trash bin. Although the rubber O-rings were damaged, I restored the airtightness by using 3D printing with TPU.

I came across some potential designs on other forums that utilize soda canisters and fire extinguisher valves. I'm really excited to work on the next design using these readily available valves.