my new pnumatic! Pictures!

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.

how do you like it

Poll ended at Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:52 am

insain
No votes
preaty good
No votes
sucks
No votes
sucks
No votes
really sucks
No votes
really sucks
No votes

Total votes: 0
cork9
Private 4
Private 4

Sat May 12, 2007 11:15 am

ya i can open it preaty fast but i want to spring load. I dont know how tho
pyromaniac
Corporal 4
Corporal 4

Sat May 12, 2007 11:17 am

origin unknown wrote:
cork9 wrote:ok first of all spud thug thos are all nfs-pw fittings and pipe. second of all its a cross not a tee. third of all have you ever herd of something call clear primer. think before you speak
Ha ha, you just 0wned spudthug

Nice cannon, ball valves also have better flow than sprinklers, but they dont open as fast, but you can spring load them to help them open faster.
i came up with the answers before him though. so technicaly speaking i pjowninated him.

thanks for the answer about the valve too.
:pottytrain3:
cork9
Private 4
Private 4

Sat May 12, 2007 11:18 am

ya np and thats true u did come up with answer first but i worded it good :lol:
Bubba05
Corporal
Corporal

Sat May 12, 2007 11:19 am

Isent spud thug like a boss type person around here?
Oh crap!

Bubba
pyromaniac
Corporal 4
Corporal 4

Sat May 12, 2007 11:21 am

Bubba05 wrote:Isent spud thug like a boss type person around here?
Oh crap!

Bubba
no he's not a mod.
:pottytrain3:
spudthug
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Sat May 12, 2007 11:21 am

Nice cannon, ball valves also have better flow than sprinklers, but they dont open as fast, but you can spring load them to help them open faster.
first of all ur a forking retard..second ball valve do not have better flow than sprinklers..they have less turbulence but on a basis sprinkler valves increase performance 10 fold..

cork i doubt u used clear primer.. unless u want to order primer online becuase most stores dont carry it..

pyro..just let it go ok i said i have never seen a pressure rated cross before...
4" piston valved cannon-half done..( i spilt my cement...)

Hybrid- 75% done. need to build propane holder and drill/tap sparkplug hole..
Bubba05
Corporal
Corporal

Sat May 12, 2007 11:28 am

Oh phew! I thort some one was gunna loose there head!
Sorry spud thug but mate you have to look harder when you go down the plumming surply store mate I seen pressuse rated T's in all sizes. But hey I dono what you have avalable in your area. and ummm dude sorry coz you are wrong about the clear primer too coz most places I bin to stock it.
Sorry dude

Bubba
cork9
Private 4
Private 4

Sat May 12, 2007 12:45 pm

um buddy its definetly clear primer i bilt it.
cork9
Private 4
Private 4

Sat May 12, 2007 12:52 pm

Omg i was just shooting it and i shot a full barrle full of water at 40 psi and it nocked it strait out of my hand. then i put a full barrle full of water and shot it at 60 psi and it had like 7 seconds of hang time!!
origin unknown
Corporal
Corporal
Location: Searcy, Arkansas (college) and Memphis, TN (hometown)

Sat May 12, 2007 1:07 pm

spudthug wrote:

first of all ur a forking retard..second ball valve do not have better flow than sprinklers..they have less turbulence but on a basis sprinkler valves increase performance 10 fold..

cork i doubt u used clear primer.. unless u want to order primer online becuase most stores dont carry it..

pyro..just let it go ok i said i have never seen a pressure rated cross before...
Ball valves do have better flow, but the slow opening time makes them not perform as well as sprinkler valves in the long run.

Sorry lol, I just like it when someone owns someone else.

He probably did use clear primer cause about every lowes or home depot carries it. If he didn't use any primer whatsoever, he must be retarded enough not to know how to post this topic.

Most fittings aren't rated for a specific pressure, they just have NSF-pw on them which means they are safe for pressure, so you are right about that.
cork9
Private 4
Private 4

Sat May 12, 2007 1:22 pm

how can i spring load my ball valve?
origin unknown
Corporal
Corporal

Sat May 12, 2007 1:25 pm

Look at this gun, its spring loaded. link: http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/viewtop ... html#85389
cork9
Private 4
Private 4

Sat May 12, 2007 1:30 pm

where can i get springs like that. mcmaster would proly have it right?
origin unknown
Corporal
Corporal

Sat May 12, 2007 1:34 pm

I dont know, you can just go down to a local hardware and buy one, they are called tension springs, not compression springs. McMaster might have them, but try somewhere in your town first so you can save some money. Ask the person who built that gun where did they get that spring they used.
frankrede
Sergeant Major 2
Sergeant Major 2

Sat May 12, 2007 2:11 pm

origin unknown wrote:
spudthug wrote:

You are an idiot.
You call them all idiots yet you seem to top it all.
Ball valves have 100% flow with no restrictions, but have slow opening times.
He ordered the valve online so who says he didn't he order primer.
And you can tell his T is pressure rated because his bushings wouldn't fit all the way in if the T was DWV.
And I have never seen DWV under 1.5"

Ball valves do have better flow, but the slow opening time makes them not perform as well as sprinkler valves in the long run.

Sorry lol, I just like it when someone owns someone else.

He probably did use clear primer cause about every lowes or home depot carries it. If he didn't use any primer whatsoever, he must be retarded enough not to know how to post this topic.

Most fittings aren't rated for a specific pressure, they just have NSF-pw on them which means they are safe for pressure, so you are right about that
Last edited by frankrede on Sat May 12, 2007 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current project: Afghanistan deployment