Right Gaurd still works....

Boom! The classic potato gun harnesses the combustion of flammable vapor. Show us your combustion spud gun and discuss fuels, ratios, safety, ignition systems, tools, and more.
Dr.Doom
Private
Private

Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:40 pm

Used it yesterday, worked, not as good as white rain did though...

It doesn't list any flamible liquids on the back, maybe it's just the aresol exploding, but it still works.
schmanman
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:13 pm

was it an old can? because the old ones from before they changed it still work.
Persistence is a measure of faith in yourself
Dr.Doom
Private
Private

Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:27 pm

Nope just bought it monday, after I read on spudtech how good it was. And it works great. Then tuesday when I found this forum I saw the bullitin. But yeah it works.
PCGUY
Owner
Owner
United States of America

Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:41 pm

What does the can look like?
Yes, I am the guy that owns & operates SpudFiles (along with our extremely helpful moderators).
schmanman
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:45 pm

maby it was in the back, and they just took it off the crate, and put it on the shelf. (although I kinda doubt it)

Try taking a couple more shots with it. how many did you take?
Last edited by schmanman on Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KVINCEO
Private 2
Private 2

Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:55 pm

well, theyre still sellin the old stuff... til they run out. who knows
ammosmoke
Sergeant
Sergeant

Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:46 pm

Dude!!!!!!!!! BUY LOTSANDLOTS OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! B4 THEY OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BUY THE WHOLE SHELF IF YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dr.Doom
Private
Private

Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:53 pm

It's a tan can, I really don't like the smell of it, I've shot probably between 5-7 shots with it, on average I hold spray for 6 seconds.

I really don't see the point in buying it up, white rain is cheaper and from what I can tell it's been working better, and doesn't smell like my grandpa as much.
SpudBlaster15
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3
Seychelles

Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:12 pm

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras nec placerat erat. Vivamus dapibus egestas nunc, at eleifend neque. Suspendisse potenti. Sed dictum lacus eu nisl pretium vehicula. Ut faucibus hendrerit nisi. Integer ultricies orci eu ultrices malesuada. Fusce id mauris risus. Suspendisse finibus ligula et nisl rutrum efficitur. Vestibulum posuere erat pellentesque ornare venenatis. Integer commodo fermentum tortor in pharetra. Proin scelerisque consectetur posuere. Vestibulum molestie augue ac nibh feugiat scelerisque. Sed aliquet a nunc in mattis.
Last edited by SpudBlaster15 on Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
schmanman
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:15 pm

uhhh, yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the old stuff.
SpudBlaster15
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3
Seychelles

Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:34 pm

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras nec placerat erat. Vivamus dapibus egestas nunc, at eleifend neque. Suspendisse potenti. Sed dictum lacus eu nisl pretium vehicula. Ut faucibus hendrerit nisi. Integer ultricies orci eu ultrices malesuada. Fusce id mauris risus. Suspendisse finibus ligula et nisl rutrum efficitur. Vestibulum posuere erat pellentesque ornare venenatis. Integer commodo fermentum tortor in pharetra. Proin scelerisque consectetur posuere. Vestibulum molestie augue ac nibh feugiat scelerisque. Sed aliquet a nunc in mattis.
Last edited by SpudBlaster15 on Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonahtheprophet
Private
Private

Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:56 pm

I tried to post this on the RIP right guard thread, but alas and alack it is locked.
A couple of thoughts that are linked together, by me but not the thread, somebody said they probably could find the older stuff still on the shelves at dollar stores, and somebody said that there was probably a boatload of it in warehouses probably in third world countries.
Since dollar stores and 99 cent stores typically get their stash from that third world stash, well you do the math.
as for me and my house, I pirated the ignitor from a barbeque grill to begin with, so I (as I often do) I thought to myself, "Self, why not take the valves and tubing off as well, so that they might be used as a fuel line to run straight propane at less than a dollar a pound into the device?"

Et voila ici, I no longer have to think in terms of engineering a fuel source.

Another thing, the Right Guard working in a mini but not the full size cannon, perphaps that is the ethanol solvent in the deodorant itself...? it is a fairly low explosive, lower still because it is really polluted with the other stuff, which is primarily meant to gunk up your barrel and other mechanisms.
jonahtheprophet
Private
Private

Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:02 pm

Say, what the hell is this militaristic rank system anyhow?
Sheeeoot, when I was in the Air Farce they promoted me to Major General the first day of Basic. Yep, my TI said I was a Major Embarrassment and a General Disaster.

So it is unanimous, in my mini-Democracy, I have the only vote and we voted to just ignore the living hell out of the rank system.
schmanman
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:01 pm

jonahtheprophet wrote:Say, what the hell is this militaristic rank system anyhow?
Sheeeoot, when I was in the Air Farce they promoted me to Major General the first day of Basic. Yep, my TI said I was a Major Embarrassment and a General Disaster.

So it is unanimous, in my mini-Democracy, I have the only vote and we voted to just ignore the living hell out of the rank system.
Huh? what the heck?
MisterSteve124
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:07 pm

It's not that hard to get a hold of just look on the back of the can if it says 1998 then it will work if it says 2000 something it won't. Genuardi's here sells the old stuff all the time, thats what I use.