Hybrid safety valve

Boom! The classic potato gun harnesses the combustion of flammable vapor. Show us your combustion spud gun and discuss fuels, ratios, safety, ignition systems, tools, and more.
john bunsenburner
Sergeant 5
Sergeant 5

Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:46 pm

Off topic question: Where would you get saftey valves(seeign this topic is really about them) i want to replace the one on m compressor.
"Did you ever stop to think that out of the seven deadly sins envy is the only one which doesn't give the sinner even momentary pleasure"-George Will
starman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
United States of America

Donating Members

Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:29 pm

I can get them locally at Northern Tool and Hardware. McMaster and Fastenal certainly have them as well. In Switzerland, you're going to be on your own there.

BTW, I assume you have returned from you USA trip. Did you pick up everything you wanted while you were here?
john bunsenburner
Sergeant 5
Sergeant 5

Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:35 pm

I am flightint tomorrow, i got what i could and am very happy with the pricing on things, my only concer is how i will get metal bbs in switzerland but that is another matter, chances are i will return to the us within then next 6months so i can get what ever i still need. Somethign i didnt find and some where simply to heavy to take(including various fittings which i will try to get in switzerland). Overall the trip was great, thanks for asking!

P.S. could i make a safety valve?
"Did you ever stop to think that out of the seven deadly sins envy is the only one which doesn't give the sinner even momentary pleasure"-George Will
starman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
United States of America

Donating Members

Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:03 pm

john bunsenburner wrote:P.S. could i make a safety valve?
Short answer, no. Just plan to get the correct item. True they aren't at your corner drug store but they are attainable. I believe even Lowes and Home Depot carry a couple of models.
john bunsenburner
Sergeant 5
Sergeant 5

Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:24 pm

i guess i can get it from my compressor supplyer