pvc combustion chamber reinforcement

Boom! The classic potato gun harnesses the combustion of flammable vapor. Show us your combustion spud gun and discuss fuels, ratios, safety, ignition systems, tools, and more.
BigGun
Recruit
Recruit

Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:14 pm

I got a ton of pipe laying around but its dwv. So what I did was made my gun evcet for very end. I took 4inch connector and with my dremel took out the stop ridge in the middle then sanded it smooth. Then i run them thru my table saw just on one side I put primer on combustion chamber then the pvc glued and slid the connector on the combustion chamber. I had a hose clamp on chamber ready to tighten. I put the hose clamp around the connector and quickly tighten clamp with wrench so I could get it tighter than using screw driver. did that all way down combustion chamber tthen layed gun aside and let dry for 24 hours. I am hoping the connector reinforces that dwv pipe. What do you guys think???
Zeus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:47 am

DWV should be fine for a spray & pray launcher, which I'm certain that you're building. Install the ignition in a double layer of PVC, and not in the endcap or walls of the chamber. Fire it with the endcap facing behind you, in case it blows out.
/sarcasm, /hyperbole