Favorite Fuels?

Boom! The classic potato gun harnesses the combustion of flammable vapor. Show us your combustion spud gun and discuss fuels, ratios, safety, ignition systems, tools, and more.
Karatedude13
Private
Private

Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:41 pm

I know everyone has their favorite that they love to use. So what is it? And why? Personally, I've gotten the best results from butane.
Anon
Private 4
Private 4

Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:31 pm

I like propane. Its cheap and doesnt leave any residue and best yet is powerful.
Pete Zaria
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:20 pm

Propane for the same reasons. A canister is $2.99 at Home Depot and I get 150+ shots on one (in my 200 cubic inch combustion). No residue, lots of power (very loud, too), and its cheap.

Butane works well too, but is more expensive and harder to meter precicely.

Peace,
Pete Zaria.
SpudBlaster15
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3
Seychelles

Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:08 pm

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras nec placerat erat. Vivamus dapibus egestas nunc, at eleifend neque. Suspendisse potenti. Sed dictum lacus eu nisl pretium vehicula. Ut faucibus hendrerit nisi. Integer ultricies orci eu ultrices malesuada. Fusce id mauris risus. Suspendisse finibus ligula et nisl rutrum efficitur. Vestibulum posuere erat pellentesque ornare venenatis. Integer commodo fermentum tortor in pharetra. Proin scelerisque consectetur posuere. Vestibulum molestie augue ac nibh feugiat scelerisque. Sed aliquet a nunc in mattis.
Last edited by SpudBlaster15 on Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karatedude13
Private
Private

Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:19 pm

The Butane I use is in a lighter fuel canister, which is just liquid Butane in a spray can. Just put an atomizer from any other spray on the top of it and it's actually very easy to meter. You just need to hold the can upside-down in order to get the liquid, though. It's still pretty easy to do, and is very effective. My cannon has a chamber of around 150 cubic inches, and it fires potatoes more than 300 feet with just a 2-second burst of butane.

Did anyone else hear about the dude who tried using Nitrous as a propellant for a PVC gun? He ended up in the hospital with shrapnel injuries.
EatSpud!!!
Private
Private

Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:13 am

there is this stuff that they sell at my local kmart its likr 80% butane and 20% propane. it also cheap 4 cans of it for $7 AUD.
HOlY SHIT>>>HEADSHOT
____
^^ <(____}
()