Planning the new hybrid

Harness the power of precision mixtures of pressurized flammable vapor. Safety first! These are advanced potato guns - not for the beginner.
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:08 pm

I carried out tests of the system for repetitive firing of the new hybrid that I plan to build :D The caliber will be small, (according to my possibilities of making noise and space), .25, with steel pellets or diabolo, I have not decided yet.
n the tests, I'm using diabolos, because I already had this ready, and the test facility, (not weapon), with recycled elements that I keep just for this.
It works perfectly, I've fired it many times. I leave some photos, and some diagrams.
The "Pneumatic timer" is used to determine the gas inlet time to the doser, about 1.5 seconds. The idea is simply to pull the handle and release. This automatically performs the opening and closing of the exhaust valve, the gas charge and its dosage, and the butane-air mixture charge in the combustion chamber. The system is relatively wasteful, a little air, (is a problem that solves many other problems, more important), in favor of having on board the weapon, the smallest possible number of elements.
If the ammunition is spherical, the operation is reduced to firing and throwing and releasing the crank to make the next shot. The system is the same as I have in my semi-automatic hybrid, (sliding actuated by pneumatic actuator). If the ammunition is pellet, you have to manually load the ammunition and titar and release the crank, and is ready to shoot. In the latter way, I am testing it.
By not using electrovalve, the load pressure can reach up to 15 bar, although I'm testing it at 7 bar, to adjust the design. Today, in the afternoon, I will make a video of the tests. :)
At the end of the post there is an animation of the system. Open the image to see.
Attachments
Prueba sistema híbrido practicus.JPG
Prueba sistema Híbrido practicus, (2).JPG
Sistema híbrido practicus, (compresión)..png
Sistema híbrido practicus, (compresión)..png (20.73 KiB) Viewed 8342 times
Sistema híbrido practicus, (escape)..png
Sistema híbrido practicus, (escape)..png (9.82 KiB) Viewed 8342 times
Temporizador neumático.png
Temporizador neumático.png (9.71 KiB) Viewed 8342 times
ANIMACIÓN sistema hibrido practicus..gif
Moonbogg
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3
United States of America

Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:59 pm

Interesting design you have here. I've considered trying to make one myself, but making it simple and reliable presents challenges that I haven't thought through yet. Nice work!
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:47 pm

Moonbogg wrote:Interesting design you have here. I've considered trying to make one myself, but making it simple and reliable presents challenges that I haven't thought through yet. Nice work!
thanks Moonbogg I show you a simpler version yet, which I was thinking.
All this is for small hybrids, which is what I do. I have not tried it but I'm totally sure it works well. It barely has a doser, a check valve, and a colizante valve with exhaust, (three ways, two positions), I mean with all this, the dosing system, and power. It no longer has any pneumatic actuator. Just move the valve one second, (as the animation shows,) and release it, and you have the combustion chamber, (any), with the built-in mix, ready to shoot. Very practical. Al final esta la animación.
Attachments
simplificación sist. hibrido practicus, compresión.png
simplificación sist. hibrido practicus, compresión.png (17.03 KiB) Viewed 8318 times
simplificación sist. hibrido practicus, escape..png
simplificación sist. hibrido practicus, escape..png (16.31 KiB) Viewed 8318 times
ANIMACIÓN, Sistema híbrido practicus, simplificado.gif
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:31 pm

Small video. The first three cycles are without ammunition, and the two remaining, with pellets.

[youtube][/youtube]
Last edited by hectmarr on Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Moonbogg
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3
United States of America

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:05 pm

That is friggin awesome. It works really goods too. Makes a nice BANG.
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:17 pm

I have to absolutely build all this, because what you see is to test the design, (although I've been tempted to add a handle with the ignition and a simple shoulder support, and a basic open sight, to be able to shoot at some target, with the mechanics in sight). Actually, it's a little bit of my laziness because it's a lot of work :? to do this neatly and with durable materials.
I have thought of naming Hybrid practicus 5 to this weapon. With respect to noise, the video is not totally heard, but it is quite strong when you are close to it.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:34 am

I don't know how you can resist the temptation to do this :D

[youtube][/youtube]
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:06 am

My friends have nicknamed this prototype as "Machine to eject pellets", and some, (musicians), have asked if it starts, and can fly... :) I was able to get rid of the solenoid valve, and its pressure limits, thankfully. :D I'm going to let myself get carried away by the mess, a little, and install what is necessary to aim and shoot.
Edited:
I have installed the basics to be able to shoot with the prototype in my hands and I really liked how comfortable it is to operate. :D It is rather short, it does not reach 1 meter, and it came out light. I am now, thinking about the construction, improvements, materials and all that. Of course I'm going to raise the pressure of the mixture to about 10 bar, but in this prototype I did not think it was prudent, because it's one of the first combustion chambers I built, a long time ago, and it does not contribute anything to the design test In herself.

Attachments
Híbrido practicus prototipo.JPG
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:59 pm

The simplest system just built. It is in relation to size with a common pen to get an idea of ​​the actual size. It consists of the valve body and the variable volume dispenser, (it serves me for several future weapons).
The valve body was designed based on bronze elements, of those used for gas installations, thread 1/4 "bspt, it is very solid, and just press the rod and release, leaving the combustion chamber clean, to zero volume, the dosed gas and all compressed in the chamber, ready to fire, between firing and firing only 5 seconds is necessary, the rest, I mean the firing pipe, ammunition loading and retention system by o´ring, and combustion chamber, is roughly the same as those I have built in the past.
The dispenser was built with a 1 mm thick steel tube, 20 mm inside diameter.
The whole set was successfully tested, it actually works flawlessly, and only consists of these two elements. The test pressures were between 6 and 11 bar, which are the compression pressures that I use in my small-caliber hybrid weapons.
I have thought about installing all this, in a test weapon, (apart from the one above in this publication), to finish making the adjustments. This dispenser can operate between 5 ml and 20 ml of butane. That is the range.
The diagram is this, (I upload it again so as not to confuse it with the previous one, in this same publication).
Attachments
P1010227.JPG
P1010229.JPG
simplificación sist. hibrido practicus, compresión.png
simplificación sist. hibrido practicus, compresión.png (17.03 KiB) Viewed 7806 times
simplificación sist. hibrido practicus, escape..png
simplificación sist. hibrido practicus, escape..png (16.31 KiB) Viewed 7806 times
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:36 am

Update of this 5X hybrid prototype, .25 caliber that shoots pellet. I have built a fairing in light wood, and I have installed an open sight to aim. It works excellent. I am using it to 5X to tweak a little. In the previous photos it looks like the interior, the machine. I have replaced the dosing cylindrical tube, with 1.8 meters of 2.5 mm inner diameter hose, and that gives me the butane dose. This idea simplifies everything and it is not necessary to have to build a dispenser. Simplification works well, and the gun fires normally. If you want more gas the hose should be longer, and if you want less, shorter. It is rolled inside this weapon, the HA-V.
I am using a butane gas and air tank, remote. The air tank is charged at 150 psi, and I can fire about 25 times. The propane tank is 20 liters ne !!! A large bottle that I hope will allow you to recharge the small ones, which are installed inside my other weapons, and to play with these hybrids.
The two connectors seen on the back, coupled to the hoses, are for compressed air and butane.
The barrel is purchased, with 12 micro grooves, and 24 inches long, it is very accurate with a 22 grain pellet.
The subsequent command shown in the photo is to reload the system, and the firing system is a simple bolt. When I can I will make a video so they can see it shoot. In summary it is a very practical system, without much complications, and very regular and reliable when shooting. :)
I forgot ... (in case there is curiosity about this issue)
The number seen on the stock that rests on the shoulder, the number of pumps needed to use the system with a manual inflator. Shoot exactly the same. Just remove a bolt to remove the pneumatic actuator that opens and closes the exhaust valve of the combustion chamber.
Attachments
P1010244.JPG
P1010246.JPG
P1010247.JPG
P1010248.JPG
P1010245.JPG
Moonbogg
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3
United States of America

Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:57 pm

That's beautiful. Very clean and just an awesome job. The automated operation is impressive.
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:11 pm

Moonbogg wrote:That's beautiful. Very clean and just an awesome job. The automated operation is impressive.
I'm glad you like it. Actually, it is a single shot weapon, I mean you have to manually enter the ammunition before each shot. What is an automatic process is the dosage of the fuel, the elimination of the residual burned gases, and the filling of the combustion chamber with the stoichiometric mixture. The advantage is that you do not need a solenoid valve, because if you work at more than 7 bar, you exceed the working pressure. They are not destroyed, but they lose air, and begin to malfunction, it has happened to me. Besides, for this place where I live, they are very expensive and bulky, and of poor quality.
I am building this but for 9 -10X, with 6.35 mm or 8 mm steel balls, which seem more attractive to me than lead pellets and steel bbs are recoverable for the plinkeo.
Moonbogg
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3
United States of America

Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:56 am

The automated fueling is what I meant. I saw you had to load each pellet. The automated fueling is impressive as hell. Your concept and ideas are innovative to this hobby. I don't recall ever seeing something like this work before. I've seen semi-automatic pneumatic cannons, but hybrid fueling is way more complex and much harder to get right, but you pulled it off.
Your concept works. If you have the desire and opportunity in the future, you have the ability to scale it up to a larger cannon. I don't know if that is possible in your country or safe to do so, but your concept has shown that it can be done reliably, so others can learn from what you've done. Very nice work and a great contribution to the hobby indeed.
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:54 am

Moonbogg wrote:The automated fueling is what I meant. I saw you had to load each pellet. The automated fueling is impressive as hell. Your concept and ideas are innovative to this hobby. I don't recall ever seeing something like this work before. I've seen semi-automatic pneumatic cannons, but hybrid fueling is way more complex and much harder to get right, but you pulled it off.
Your concept works. If you have the desire and opportunity in the future, you have the ability to scale it up to a larger cannon. I don't know if that is possible in your country or safe to do so, but your concept has shown that it can be done reliably, so others can learn from what you've done. Very nice work and a great contribution to the hobby indeed.
I imagine it is possible to adapt this system to a larger gun, cannon type. It's a matter of trying and learning from the facts, but basically, it should work.
For my part, I am interested in not very large weapons, simply by personal preference, such as common weapons, compressed air or CO2, which can be purchased. This technique is not fully approved, I mean hybrids of small caliber, up to 3/8 "caliber. It is necessary to build stronger, all metal, to use higher pressures, and in this particular work, of the HA-V, install an air tank on board with its pressure regulator. The semi-automatic prototype that I have built, needs the same, an onboard air tank. The regulators that I can find on these sides, come along with the HPA bottle, have very high pressures of output, not less than 800 psi, which is a lot of pressure to pressurize a small hybrid.Without having any hose anchored to the worktable, it greatly improves the prototype.We will see what can be achieved.Thanks for talking about this. :)
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:03 am

I love it!

Worthy of The Grey Room :D
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life