Rapid Fire Hybrid System

Harness the power of precision mixtures of pressurized flammable vapor. Safety first! These are advanced potato guns - not for the beginner.
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:05 pm

I want to show a test of the system for my new hybrid to repeat. I finished building it today, and it works fine. I have to sort a little all the elements that are currently scattered on the work table. I'm working at 5X for testing, and it will be at 8X when the gun is finished.
The valve I use is drawn, the pilot closes and decompresses automatically.
The operation is in two steps: 1- load the .25 caliber lead pellet
2- press the main valve, and you are ready to fire. :o
Válvula a pistón con piloto y despresurización y cierre automático.png
When I draw the section of the volumetric dispenser, I will leave here the drawings, and photos of each part of the system, all designed and built `` by me, with what is at hand ...
I am working with a semi portable tank, and an oxygen-acetylene welding machine piston regulator, adapted for this application.
The firing barrel is 60 cm rifled, and has a simple bolt system.
The air reservoir is a co2 tube, with an internal capacity of 500 cm3, which is filled to a pressure of 800-900 psi. After that, the lower safety valve opens loudly, (and I jump in fright)!
I have thought, as an alternative, to use the 1/4 "steel bb's loading system, locked by gases from the combustion chamber, but I am interested in shooting commercial pellets, to demolish noisy speakers that do not let sleep No hour :x ;)

Last edited by hectmarr on Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
PracticallySane
Private 3
Private 3
United States of America

Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:25 pm

Hey man that is aswome. Great work!
I’m a scientist; because I invent, transform, create, and destroy for a living, and when I don’t like something about the world, I change it. ~Rick Sanchez.
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:57 pm

:)
Seriously speaking, thank you. There is really no weapon that makes holes at the moment, but I am going to put all this together and another weapon will be born to play a bit.
I already had this design of dispenser, but the present work was to adapt it to any piston valve with pilot, in this case, with an o'ring seal, which is what you showed me a few days ago.
I'm looking at the possibilities of locating the air tank on board or leaving it remote, I can't decide.
Another problem appears: the heat ... Today I fired, to test, 15 times in a row every 5 or 6 seconds, as in the video, and the combustion chamber could not be touched by hand ... I calculate about 100 to 130ºC.
I think that the time needed to load the pellet, about 10 seconds, will help not to heat up too much, is what I have to test when the rifle is ready.
Last edited by hectmarr on Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
PracticallySane
Private 3
Private 3
United States of America

Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:50 pm

You are onto something for sure. I cant wait to see what you put together. Thats what I like about this place, you never know what someone is going to come up with.
I’m a scientist; because I invent, transform, create, and destroy for a living, and when I don’t like something about the world, I change it. ~Rick Sanchez.
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:10 pm

Sistema dosificador para arma híbrida con depósito de aire.png
Sistema dosificador para arma híbrida con depósito de aire.png (32.3 KiB) Viewed 13736 times
This is the drawing of the system that I am testing in the video. It can be operated with an HPA reservoir or with a manual air pump, with the addition of a valve to depressurize after manually pumping air.
It can work with any hybrid piston with pilot.
PracticallySane
Private 3
Private 3
United States of America

Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:43 pm

Are the supply lines under constant pressure?

The "butane tank" and "compressed air tank"?

It would be very interesting to see if you could make a GIF to show how it functions in the various stages.
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:44 pm

Yes, the butane tank is always open, and the compressed air tank is always open. Tomorrow I draw a gif so that we can talk and understand each other better.
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:49 pm

I leave the GIF here, to better explain the design. You have to open the image to see it as a GIF. Feel free to ask me what I want, if I can't be clear. Slowly, I will describe each component, those that are commercial and those that I built. 8-)
The references are:
A- Loading mixture into the combustion chamber
B- Loading butane in the dispenser, (for the next shot
C- Explosion
D- Cleaning the combustion chamber.
E-System ready to restart the cycle.
Then everything repeats again.
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
Sistema dosificador para arma híbrida con depósito de aire.png
Sistema dosificador para arma híbrida con depósito de aire.png (37.79 KiB) Viewed 13703 times
A-Cargando mezcla.png
A-Cargando mezcla.png (21.63 KiB) Viewed 13703 times
B-Cargando gas, para el próximo disparo.png
B-Cargando gas, para el próximo disparo.png (18.59 KiB) Viewed 13703 times
C-Explotando.png
C-Explotando.png (18.61 KiB) Viewed 13703 times
D-Limpiando la cámara de combustión.png
D-Limpiando la cámara de combustión.png (21.13 KiB) Viewed 13703 times
E-Preparado para repetir el ciclo.png
E-Preparado para repetir el ciclo.png (20.41 KiB) Viewed 13703 times
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:21 am

Dosificador volumétrico regulable.png
Dosificador volumétrico regulable.png (9.2 KiB) Viewed 13685 times
This is the dispenser. It is possible to vary the volume of gas, rotating the knob that has a threaded rod, to move the piston. I use it when I install the system, because being so small the amount of butane that I must measure, a little more or less hose, necessary to install the entire system in the weapon, changes the amount of gas. It is for fine-tuning the mix.
This device is only subjected to the compression pressure of the hybrid.
In my case, I use a 20 cm3 syringe, reinforced with a kevlar mesh, (disused paragliding rope strands), and fiberglass. If the hybrid has high Xs, it should be metal.
The one I use in the video is similar to this.
This dispenser also mixes butane and air, because when the fluid enters at high speed, it produces an energetic rotation of the two gases, and greatly favors the mixture.
Dosificador volumétrico regulable.JPG
Last edited by hectmarr on Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:50 am

This is the valve that lets the butane pass into the dispenser when it is activated by compressed air. There are commercial ones, but I prefer to make it myself, because they are very cheap and I can repair them.
It uses a car or motorcycle tire valve, which is what the small piston, (6mm), depresses when air is under pressure. The stiffness of the spring regulates the activation pressure, about 4 bar in this case.
Válvula para butano accionada por presión de aire.png
Válvula para butano accionada por presión de aire.png (11.64 KiB) Viewed 13682 times
P1010323.JPG
Photo of the valve and the butane tank, a modified 110 cm3 aerosol, more than enough to make about 150 shots. It contains 40% of the total volume of liquid buthane, which is bought in 300-gram carafes, used to refill cigarette lighters.
Last edited by hectmarr on Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:23 am

Válvula colizante.jpg
Válvula colizante.jpg (39.61 KiB) Viewed 13681 times
válvula coolizante desarmada.jpg
válvula coolizante desarmada.jpg (31.24 KiB) Viewed 13681 times
This is the three-way valve, with exhaust, that I use to activate the system, with each shot. It is bistable, but I have added a spring to make it normally closed. I used this one because I had it on hand, but you can use a commercial, three-way, two-position valve, manually operated or solenoid etc.
P1010321.JPG
PracticallySane
Private 3
Private 3
United States of America

Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:00 pm

That is next level stuff there. I am still trying to wrap my head around this. Clearly it works.

Maybe once I have my system complete I will try my hand at autonomous function.

Thanks for sharing this!
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:28 pm

PracticallySane wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:00 pm
That is next level stuff there. I am still trying to wrap my head around this. Clearly it works.

Maybe once I have my system complete I will try my hand at autonomous function.

Thanks for sharing this!
I am willing to help in what you need, if you ever want to try.
You can't really find a simpler way to design, but when you get familiar with the details, it's not complicated. Thanks for the conversation. Cheers :)
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:03 am

These hybrid-pneumatic circuits you manage to make work never cease to amaze me!
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
hectmarr
Sergeant
Sergeant
Argentina

Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:06 am

Thanks Jack!