Mad bull chrono

Building or modifying BB, Airsoft, and Pellet type of guns. Show off your custom designs, find tips and other discussion. Target practice only!
jimmy101
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
United States of America

Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:17 pm

MountainousDew wrote:Hey, Le Maudit if you are still looking for a chronograph...
Check out this video and web page that explains how to make a chronograph with a laptop (Any computer should work.). It's made by Technician, so I know we can trust it.
Here are the links:
Web Page
Just the Video

I hope these help... I might even try it.
There are a couple pages about making a homemade chrony. Tech's is a fairly new one. Here's another. The jig is made from PVC pipe and the detectors are phototransistors. The jig clips onto the guns barrel (the barrel is the green pipe). Cost about $5 to make if you have a laptop or old PC.
Below is the raw data stream for a BBMG firing at about 50 RPS and 300 FPS. Image

You can also use SoftChrono with it's default sound input or upgrade a bit to photodiodes or phototransistor detectors.
Mishkan
Private 4
Private 4

Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:27 pm

The best chrono for that size is the Xcortech chrono, I have one and I've been more happy with it than any other chrono. Its also a better price.

Or you could just build one.
LeMaudit
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Donating Members

Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:02 pm

Never hear about this one. Thanks for the alternative. Maybe other will comment if they know about it?

For what kind of projectile do you use it?
Moulde
Private
Private

Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:25 am

LeMaudit wrote:
That chrono sucks..

Which one? The F1??

What did you use as a comparison Moulde? Do you propose an alternative?

Sorry about the delay :)

I was talking about the Madbull chrono.
We used one of the old guarder speeder ones to compare values, the main problem with the Madbull was that is was very very unreliable, really poor consistency.

I agree with Mishkan, the Xcortec is really really good :)
LeMaudit
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Donating Members

Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:43 am

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I am currently buried deep under lots of layers of things to do for my work, but at some point in the future I'll have some fun to share :-)
Mishkan
Private 4
Private 4

Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:09 pm

I use BBs, use it for all my airsoft guns. Handles very nicely, you can get it cheaply off ebay or ehobbyasia.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/xcortech-x32 ... graph.html