Paintball Rifle

Building or modifying BB, Airsoft, and Pellet type of guns. Show off your custom designs, find tips and other discussion. Target practice only!
paaiyan
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Wed May 23, 2007 9:35 pm

rednecktatertosser wrote:yeah thats actually what im looking for. about how much is one of the spyder tlr's gonna set me back? and also i like your signature
Mmkay, the TL-R is a kit. Called the Spyder Sniper kit, I don't like to call paintball anything sniper but that's beside the point. Comes with the TL-R with LP setup, 12-inch barrel, 16-inch barrel, 12-oz CO2 tank, hopper, cheap mask, few extra parts. All for about 120. Great starter gun.
"Who ever said the pen was mightier than the sword, obviously, never encountered automatic weapons."
-General Douglass MacArthur

Read my dog's blog - Life of Kilo
ShowNoMercy
Sergeant
Sergeant

Wed May 23, 2007 9:36 pm

How good accuracy are you getting with that setup?
Jesus saves, no need to pray
The gates of pearl have turned to gold
It seems you've lost your way
rednecktatertosser
Corporal
Corporal

Wed May 23, 2007 9:37 pm

orpackrat- im actually 70% twords a 98 custom. i dont have time to order one off ebay otherwise i would. im astually heading to academy and possibly a local paintball store to get a 98 custom. thanks for the advice. and now that i know that its worth the few extra dollars for a higher quality and more durable product.
rednecktatertosser
Corporal
Corporal

Wed May 23, 2007 9:39 pm

paaiyan wrote:
rednecktatertosser wrote:yeah thats actually what im looking for. about how much is one of the spyder tlr's gonna set me back? and also i like your signature
Mmkay, the TL-R is a kit. Called the Spyder Sniper kit, I don't like to call paintball anything sniper but that's beside the point. Comes with the TL-R with LP setup, 12-inch barrel, 16-inch barrel, 12-oz CO2 tank, hopper, cheap mask, few extra parts. All for about 120. Great starter gun.
well shoot that sounds good and i found one of those kits localy so that may be what i get
ShowNoMercy
Sergeant
Sergeant

Heading to the academy? What do you mean by that?
paaiyan
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Well last time I went, I was hitting guys from 50 feet pretty easy in the open, btu there were a lot of branches so I had some issues there. The only problem I had was a serious drop over distance. I had my gun tuned before that and I've had it tuned since then. Apparently the first guy that tuned it for me set it at about 140 fps, now that I'm up to 280, I expect great accuracy. I can already peg a 1 foot sq board at 40 feet without any problem. It's good accuracy out of the box, and once I get a rifled barrel, I expect it to improve even more.

Shownomercy, academy is a sport and outdoors store.
"Who ever said the pen was mightier than the sword, obviously, never encountered automatic weapons."

ShowNoMercy
Sergeant
Sergeant

Wed May 23, 2007 9:40 pm

What kind of barrel are you talking about?
paaiyan
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Wed May 23, 2007 9:44 pm

Well, I don't rightyl remember what it's called. it's pretty new, its a two-piece.

rednecktatertosser
Corporal
Corporal

Wed May 23, 2007 9:45 pm

the kit comes with a 12in barrel and an additional 16in long barrel
paaiyan
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Wed May 23, 2007 9:45 pm

rednecktatertosser wrote:the kit comes with a 12in barrel and an additional 16in long barrel
Yea, I use the 16-inch most.

rednecktatertosser
Corporal
Corporal

Wed May 23, 2007 9:46 pm

well since my goal is to spend as little money as possible so im gonna go ahead and get the tl-r kit
ShowNoMercy
Sergeant
Sergeant

Wed May 23, 2007 9:46 pm

I think I will stick with a cpvc barrel for now, I can make it long and make it lool semi realistic and have it made to look like a real sniper rifle, gasp.
Velocity
Sergeant
Sergeant

Wed May 23, 2007 9:48 pm

I use a .68" x 6' barrel on my copper sniper rifle, and it is crazy powerful and accurate too. I would highly recommend it. It costs less that $15 too from mcmaster.com

Item #89965K293 is the .68" x 36" barrel, for $9.18
Item #89965K62 is the .68" x 72" barrel, for $14.43

You will need a 3/4" compression fitting to use these. If you use a semi-auto design, this might not be the best barrel for you. The compression fitting's ID is less than .68", so you will not be able to breech load paintballs. You could epoxy it to 3/4" copper tube, then use a couple of fittings to make it work, but that would be a bit complicated... still would work though.
rednecktatertosser
Corporal
Corporal

Wed May 23, 2007 9:49 pm

hahaha yeah im using the cpvc for my bolt action sniper and ill eventually make a custom alluminum barrel
paaiyan
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Wed May 23, 2007 9:52 pm

ShowNoMercy wrote:I think I will stick with a cpvc barrel for now, I can make it long and make it lool semi realistic and have it made to look like a real sniper rifle, gasp.
I don't have a problem with you saying it looks like a sniper rifle, it's just when people call it a sniper rifle. Or call themselves a paintball sniper. You're not. A sniper is a highly skilled individual with the ability to take out a target at a mile and a half, and often take out two targets at 2000 yards before either of them hears a rifle report. You no-scoping someone in the face at 150 feet doesn't count.