pico BBMG - 1mm calibre HPA

Building or modifying BB, Airsoft, and Pellet type of guns. Show off your custom designs, find tips and other discussion. Target practice only!
POLAND_SPUD
Captain
Captain

Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:47 am

One of them is considerably more R rated than the other
believe it or not but that was my first thought :?
Children are the future

unless we stop them now
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:59 am

SpudBlaster15 wrote:There's likely 2 ways this could have happened... One of them is considerably more R rated than the other. :lol: :D
In my experience, it could either be related to the impromptu shattering of glassware, most likely previously containing the fluids that are the root cause for our Polish comrade's current condition, or to inappropriate relations with a ladygirl of the opposite gender, either consumated in an orifice or time interval not originally intended by nature, or featuring lack of carnal knowledge on the part of the ladygirl in question.

Ah, good times :D

Back to the subject of this thread, the magnet seems to have had no effect at all :-/

Perhaps a BBMG is the wrong approach, perhaps it's a semi-auto shotgun I'll be needing... hmmm...

Back to the drawing board, radically this time.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
psycix
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4

Donating Members

Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:19 am

The forces acting on the BB's are high enough to make the magnet's forces near-neglectable.
Nice try though!
Till the day I'm dieing, I'll keep them spuddies flying, 'cause I can!

Spudfiles steam group, join!
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:59 pm

I think I might be going overboard with the chamber size, just 4cm of 6mm tubing is enough to contain over 1000 BBs...
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:26 am

Finally made some progress on this.

After a lot of fiddling around with different configurations, I finally came to the conclusion that any form of forcing cone directing the BBs towards the barrel was causing jams, so I decided to go with a simply cloud, with the barrel protruding into the chamber.

The results were quite dramatic, in the following video you can see that it jammed at first because I overfilled it, but once it empties a little, look at it go!

[youtube][/youtube]

Next step is to make one with a slightly bigger chamber and the sentry project should be up and running again :)

Here's the internals, simples!
Attachments
1mmcloud.GIF
1mmcloud.GIF (4 KiB) Viewed 2326 times
Lockednloaded
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
United States of America

Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:54 pm

Huh, barrel protruding into the cloud chamber, howd you think of that. It seems like it wouldn't feed well
I love lamp
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:06 pm

Lockednloaded wrote:Huh, barrel protruding into the cloud chamber, howd you think of that. It seems like it wouldn't feed well
It seems counterintuitive, but when you think of how a cloud works it makes perfect sense. Some BBMG designs like the Larc M-19 or this one by singularity also use a tube inserted into the chamber to feed. Besides, 800 psi is plenty to agitate the tiny BBs :)

Rate of fire is ridiculous, I was experimenting with a detent seal but the only tubing I have of the right diameter will not release a BB even at high pressure. Still, when you think of real world sentry guns, a high rate of fire is desirable to put as many rounds on target in the short time interval available.
JDP12
Staff Sergeant 5
Staff Sergeant 5

Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:50 pm

Holy crap that thing is crazy... What was the target? looked like a thin sheet of metal?
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:59 pm

JDP12 wrote:What was the target? looked like a thin sheet of metal?
Flattened out energy drink can. Works well against free-standing cans too ;)
Attachments
CIMG0436.JPG
JDP12
Staff Sergeant 5
Staff Sergeant 5

Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:27 pm

That's scary... excellent job!
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:48 pm

Cheers, really happy with it :) great to finally have one of these tiny BBMGs that actually works every time you open the valve!

Here, have some clear plastic carnage :)

[youtube][/youtube]

It's not *that* powerful, in that most shots didn't penetrate the casing, where they did it was due to the "jackhammer effect", but given the size of the ammunition, still quite impressive.
Attachments
CIMG0446.JPG
POLAND_SPUD
Captain
Captain

Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:04 pm

Now the only question is... how well will it work with 4.5 or 6mm steel BBs ?
:wink:
Children are the future

unless we stop them now
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:11 pm

POLAND_SPUD wrote:Now the only question is...
... when will you shut up about it and build your own :D

Bigger calibres later, first sentry gun! I ordered the diodes for the L4z0R, those are really the only components that were left.
Fnord
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2

Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:11 pm

Is there any chance this sentry will include a small speaker for projecting a cute little synthesized voice whilst it imbeds countless metal fragments in someones skin?
maverik94
Corporal
Corporal

Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:53 pm

Is there any chance this sentry will include a small speaker for projecting a cute little synthesized voice whilst it imbeds countless metal fragments in someones skin?
Haha. Imagine that. And it would have to be in many different languages, depending on where it is deployed. :D
"You can't be friends with anyone if you aren't friends with yourself."
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not." -André Gide
Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it and I shall move the world.
–Archimedes
Defeat is always momentary.
–Carl Denham

Current Project: None, I'm in Spudremission.