Magnetic Pulse Valve

Building or modifying BB, Airsoft, and Pellet type of guns. Show off your custom designs, find tips and other discussion. Target practice only!
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:28 am

ONEWING wrote:A purely pneumatic setup is of course a lot better though more difficult, bulky and harder to vary.
Not really, whether using a pop-off valve directly as a valve as I've done in experiments or as a pilot for QEV/piston valve as psycix did here you get a neat, compact setup without any circuitry running around, and you can vary power by altering the pressure at which the pop-off pops and rate of fire by varying the flow of air into the chamber/pilot, faster flow gives higher rate.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
POLAND_SPUD
Captain
Captain

Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:10 am

so check this first

and then look here

they all seem pretty cheap... just make sure you buy the right one... (one that will automatically switch on -> off in a loop)
Children are the future

unless we stop them now
ONEWING
Private 3
Private 3

Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:00 pm

The valve as shown in first post was tried, it didn't work at all. The hold doesn't diminish quickly enough. The only other thing to try is using steel on magnet rather then magnet on magnet as its hold doesnt have as much range but I dont hold high hopes.

Its just going to open up a fraction until the area around the piston magnet for air to escape is the same as that exiting through the bolt. Was hoping the blast of air would push it right open before the chamber behind the valve had a chance to equalise but that isn't the case.

I dont think its a good idea anymore, not without over complexifying it.
Attachments
magvalvefail.jpg
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:10 am

ONEWING wrote:I dont think its a good idea anymore, not without over complexifying it.
Welcome to my life :roll: :D
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
Duane31
Private 2
Private 2

Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:52 am

You could still use the magnents, but assist the unit with a return spring. Since the magnenets have a nominal amount of force, you could use a smaller than usual diameter wire spring. The smaller spring will allow for a much easier fit as well.