Nerf Vulcan BBMG hopper help.

Building or modifying BB, Airsoft, and Pellet type of guns. Show off your custom designs, find tips and other discussion. Target practice only!
TheAirsofter11
Private
Private

Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:17 pm

I am converting my NERF Vulcan into a BBMG. It's powered by CO2 and uses a compressor blowgun. It is not a vortex gun, it's just straight fed. I need help coming up with a hopper or feeding mechanism of some sort. I've thought of many ideas, but so far, non of them will work. Any suggestions?
saefroch
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:22 pm

What have you tried that hasn't worked?
TheAirsofter11
Private
Private

Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:28 am

I haven't tried anything, but every idea I come up with won't work on this gun.

This won't work because the valve will be behind the hopper: http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/viewtop ... tml#243516

This won't work because reloading would be almost impossible, I want the hopper to be in the feed port or in the ammo box:
Crna Legija
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2

Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:21 am

you should be able to fit a cloud bbmg in there and just use hose from the tank to you blow gun.

also are you regging the co2?
'' To alcohol... The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.”
--Homer Simpson

Add me on ps3: wannafuk, 8/11/11 cant wait
JDP12
Staff Sergeant 5
Staff Sergeant 5

Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:31 am

why not just make an inline vortex BBMG, carve out all of the inside of the gun and fit it in there? would be more air efficient than a cloud, and alot simpler than trying to convert all of the nerf gun parts to fire BBs via CO2
"Some say his pet elephant is pink, and that he has no understanding of "PG rated forum". All we know is, he's called JSR. "
TheAirsofter11
Private
Private

Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:54 am

I've already taken out all the internals, but I don't want to make a vortex block. I just want the air hose going straight to the barrel, with bbs fed in between. A cloud chamber won't work because I wont be able to get to it to reload. I want to be able to reload this on the field during a game. If I get this working, this will be my airsoft team's support weapon. I don't know if I need to regulate the CO2, what do you guys think? If I do, around what pressure should I use?
omniscient
Private 3
Private 3

Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:05 am

TheAirsofter11 wrote:I am converting my NERF Vulcan into a BBMG. It's powered by CO2 and uses a compressor blowgun. It is not a vortex gun, it's just straight fed. I need help coming up with a hopper or feeding mechanism of some sort. I've thought of many ideas, but so far, non of them will work. Any suggestions?
Ooh! - I know; - Why don't you just install an air hose going straight to the barrel, with bbs fed in between?
Crna Legija
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2

Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:09 am

just cut a small hole in the bottom somewhere and have a hose with internal diameter of like 8ish mm and pour bbs in to reload then make that the same hose as you input. its pretty simple stuff man think a bit.
'' To alcohol... The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.”
--Homer Simpson

Add me on ps3: wannafuk, 8/11/11 cant wait