Airsoft m60.

Building or modifying BB, Airsoft, and Pellet type of guns. Show off your custom designs, find tips and other discussion. Target practice only!
warhead052
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:05 pm

I will be using this at longer ranges too, I will mostly use this as a automatic sniper, just for the hell of it. Plus I need the 300% spring for when I go up to my buddies house, he has ~40 acres of land, so I need the distance for that.

Also, what is the outer diameter of a regular airsoft barrel in metric?
Mr.Sandman
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Donating Members

Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:14 pm

Distance isn't determined by fps. It's mostly determined by hopup quality and barrel quality. I have a Classic Army Ak-74 that is completely stock except for the barrel and hopup unit. The gun is shooting at 350 fps and I can hit a man sized target at 230 feet consistently. Also sorry to be nit-pick but a sniper is a person, also sniper rifles are not automatic, ever.
Yeah, it's that important.
warhead052
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:16 pm

I know they aren't, but to be laying down that rate of fire, at a sniper rifle distance, its wanted from the guys I usually play against.
Mr.Sandman
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Donating Members

Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:30 pm

Then that would be a DMR or designated marksman's rifle. But don't expect any miracle ranges or anything past 180' m249/m60 hopups aren't very range effective.
warhead052
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:32 pm

I have seen this shot before, I have 1 kill with it from when I was trying it at a game, and that kill was at about 200 feet, the guy I am trading with has multiple kills at 200+ feet, that I have seen.
Mr.Sandman
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Donating Members

Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:36 pm

Okay, you're still missing the point, that's about all of the range you will get out of it even with higher fps.
warhead052
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:40 pm

Look, I don't care about the regulations of fields, I don't have any official fields around me. The nearest one is literally 200-250 miles away, and I don't exactly have the time to drive that far. All I want is for my hits to be called. I can tell you from experience, that 350 fps does not hurt at all from 10 feet away, I was shot in the chest and left side about 20 times from a 350 fps shotgun, triple shooter, and I didn't even notice it until one of my team mates told me I was getting hit. That's why I wan't to upgrade my gun to a higher power.
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:41 pm

OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
warhead052
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:42 pm

Cool thanks Gun Freak. Is that where it connects to the hop up unit?
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:47 pm

Well...
OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
Mr.Sandman
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Donating Members

Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:47 pm

warhead052 wrote:Look, I don't care about the regulations of fields, I don't have any official fields around me. The nearest one is literally 200-250 miles away, and I don't exactly have the time to drive that far. All I want is for my hits to be called. I can tell you from experience, that 350 fps does not hurt at all from 10 feet away, I was shot in the chest and left side about 20 times from a 350 fps shotgun, triple shooter, and I didn't even notice it until one of my team mates told me I was getting hit. That's why I wan't to upgrade my gun to a higher power.
I said nothing about fps limitations or fields in my last post. And those 3 shot shotguns shoot less than 280 fps actually. But, shotguns are single shots where as aeg's are full auto. Anyways, Get an m120 spring and see how it fares, if you need more power, then you can upgrade further. But it's airsoft, and it will not be cheap to upgrade to higher fps
warhead052
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:51 pm

Well as I have half the parts (shims, motor, and for some reason gears (dunno how I got them in the first place...)) it won't cost me much to upgrade. My dad works with a guy who does alot of stuff with batteries, so I can get them free, as well as a charger, so it won't cost me much to upgrade.
Mr.Sandman
Corporal 3
Corporal 3

Donating Members

Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:59 pm

Do you know if they are high torque gears and motor? If not then they will be destroyed by the 300%. And you still need a piston, piston head, cylinder head, tappet plate.
Davidvaini
Sergeant 4
Sergeant 4

Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:00 pm

Please read all of these:

1. 350fps with a .20 gram BB at 10 feet will leave a welt and will hurt enough for you to feel it. So stop acting tough.

2. Even thinking about putting in a "300%" spring is retarded. Besides the fact that even with serious upgrades, the gun will destroy itself very quickly, it would be shooting at around 550 fps with .20g which at most fields that has a 75 - 100 feet minimum engagement distance due to safety. I personally have been shot with a sniper rifle shooting 500fps at 50 feet and I had a bb lodged into my skin and had to pull it out with pliers. The fact that you are going to do this in a fully automatic gun would be down right dangerous.

3. You asked for tips on upgrades. Sandman is telling you that in order to increase your range, its not about your spring strength (fps) it is about your hopup quality and barrel quality. This is completely true. I have seen guns shooting 250fps out range and out shoot 400fps guns simply because of hopup quality. So in asking for upgrade advice to shoot long range, him suggestion hopup is the number one piece of advice that should of been suggested.

4. You have been argumentative right front the start when anyone suggests anything that goes against what you already planed. So if you are so stuck on what you were going to do, don't ask for advice.

5. Judging from your posts, you have a lack of experience working with airsoft guns and understanding the mechanics behind them and what makes them achieve range, velocity, etc. The fact that you asked gun freak if that's the hopup, strongly reinforces this. Now there is no problem with not knowing the information. But there is a problem with not wanting to learn the information and work on a gun that will hurt your friends.

6. I am experienced member of the airsoft community and a co-organizer of 2 fields and have lead numerous professional teams in the past. While reading through all of this, it really made me cringe. If you made this post on any airsoft forum, chances are you would get yelled at right away; regardless if you were not playing at a field. I don't claim to be the best player in the world, but I do have enough experience to know that with all of these above reasons, you should really stop arguing, take in the information, and perhaps make another post on an airsoft specific forum so that you can get more additional information pertaining to it. At this time, I do not feel comfortable suggesting any upgrades until you acquire more information and safety know-how.

I do not plan on arguing this matter with you any further. That is my advice, until you take my advice and run with it, I will be reluctant to help you any further. I am not saying to go elsewhere, I Just want you to educate yourself a little bit more on the safety side of things and read up a little bit more.
Last edited by Davidvaini on Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
warhead052
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:18 pm

Fine, I will stop asking for help here... I will just do this on my own. And I will add that the M60 is already upgraded quite a bit, it has a new hop up unit, new piston, and a new cylinder assembly.

And if it makes you guys feel better, I do have a cheap AK that I use at close range, I usually don't use my high power guns unless my target is far out and I need to really make a impact hit.