what size check valve?

A place for general potato gun questions and discussions.
spudhead
Private
Private

Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:06 am

hello, i am new to spud files. i would like to thank everyone for posting their projects and the owner of spud files for this site. i am building 1/2 inch air rifle. the piston is 3/8 inch. would it make any difference in air flow whether the check vale is 3/8 or 1/2 inch?

thank you.
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:07 pm

Where is the check valve going? If used for filling, size won't matter, so you should go with whatever is cheaper.

Not sure you mean check valve though... Do you mean pilot valve?
OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
spudhead
Private
Private

Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:43 pm

oh yes the pilot valve is what i meant. thank you for correcting me. i was wondering if there would be any difference between 1/2 and 3/8 inch?considering the piston is 3/8 and i am using a ordinary blow gun. will it matter the size if pipe between the piston and valve?
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:03 pm

spudhead wrote:oh yes the pilot valve is what i meant. thank you for correcting me. i was wondering if there would be any difference between 1/2 and 3/8 inch?considering the piston is 3/8 and i am using a ordinary blow gun. will it matter the size if pipe between the piston and valve?
I think you're mixing up your terminology. Could you provide us with a picture of your valve or a diagram of what you mean?
OG Anti-Hybrid
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
spudhead
Private
Private

Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:48 pm

i should have said i am trying to build a qev. i got the piston to seal. now i am going to glue some things togother, and try to get it operating the way it should. what i would like to know is would reducing the pipe size between the tee and the blower make any difference for the better, or should i leave it 1/2"?

Edited by jrrdw.
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:47 pm

Reducing the pipe size would help because it would reduce pilot volume. It appears you have already connected that fitting but if you can, replace it with a smaller one.
OG Anti-Hybrid
Holy Shat!