Printable Targets

A place for general potato gun questions and discussions.
neeewwww
Private 3
Private 3

Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:01 pm

I was looking for some information about survival techniques and some war (WWII) related docs/maps/info/whatelse...

And I found this "amazing" site (wich look pretty old, and disorganized). The guy collected a lot of documents about Survival Techniques, and a lot of information about guns, field manuals, guns guides... Take a look:

Survival Primer

And I also found some cool printable targets:

Target Index

There´s a lot more...
Take a look at the site... It will worth your time...

o>
Last edited by neeewwww on Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ragnarok
Captain
Captain

Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:45 pm

The human shaped targets are in a direction we don't want to be going in.

The site goes to great lengths to put some clear water between spudguns and weapons by banning discussion of shooting live targets.
Human shaped targets are also a bad idea (as is shooting ballistics gel IMHO).

Let's say someone gets shot with a spudgun tomorrow and the news agencies come looking for a story. They'll doubtless find this site.
What happens when they see a topic that suggests spudguns are used on human shape targets?

I'll tell you exactly what will happen. They'll turn it into a veritable media storm, blowing it out of proportion and will doubtless take it as the site endorsing people training for the use of spudguns on human-like targets.

Cool find, but no thank you.

EDIT: Minor clarification.
Last edited by Ragnarok on Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:03 pm

Rag makes a valid point there. Also, since spudguns are usually more about power and destruction than accuracy, it seems to make little sense shooting at paper targets. I find this boring even with my ridiculously accurate commercially bought air rifles.
Ragnarok
Captain
Captain

Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:44 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:I find this boring even with my ridiculously accurate commercially bought air rifles.
Well, paper targets do have their value, but I'm talking more about your standard "Bullseye" targets here. Testing groupings and zeroing in would both be a real challenge without them.

But in the end, more destruction than just holes in paper is always fun.
So, I do occasionally explode old marbles with my air rifle. Hitting them from any real distance is still a challenge of shooting skill, and the results are visually impressive.

Indeed, the demand for some actual destruction is why my MOA spudgun project is not trying for just tight grouping, but grouping at ranges of a quarter mile - through thick plate steel.
Much more interesting than some holes in paper.
Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
jrrdw
United States of America

Donating Members

Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:25 pm

Thanks for the links neeewwww, I'm sure someone will get some use out of them.