Show your best spudgun pics!

A place for general potato gun questions and discussions.
ferret_guy
Private 3
Private 3

Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:47 pm

That is the idea, because golf balls have well known aerodynamic principles my thought was to do just that, but in real life the pneumatic cylinder has too much slop even when used in a double valve setup, so in the future I will be moving to a threaded rod elevation, possibly using the cilinder to absorb the recoil.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:11 am

threaded rod elevation, possibly using the cilinder to absorb the recoil.
That makes sense, you could have the whole setup sliding on a railed mount, a bit like dual recoil howitzers but without the dual bit, a bit like the 21 cm Mörser 18:

The Mrs 18 was designed to replace the obsolescent World War I-era 21 cm Mrs 16. While the gun design itself was nothing innovative, the same cannot be said for the carriage. It was one of the first weapons, if not the first in quantity production, that used the interesting dual-recoil system. The barrel recoiled normally in its cradle, but, in addition, the whole top carriage, which carried the barrel and its cradle, recoiled across the main part of the carriage. This system damped out the recoil forces and made for a very steady firing platform.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life