Help me find a "high speed" (air)valve

A place for general potato gun questions and discussions.
swatti
Private
Private

Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:17 am

I need a valve that dumps pre-set amount of air out with a single push of a button.

What comes to mind is a 3-way valve. Air in thru port1, out thru port2, pressu button and port2 vents out to port3.

BUT... There is a problem.

The valve i have is quite sensitive to how much you push the button and this makes it very inconsistant.

Stories tell about "pressure operated" valve that, if im not mistaken "fires" the valve open using the pressure provided. Also the term QEV or "quick exhaust valve" was mentioned in few places. QEV needs to use a second valve or something?
This is all new to me, sorry if my terminology is lacking.

In simplicity: My bottle is 300PSI and i need to "store" a slice of that into a temporary container(part of a hose would suffice and ive been using that), and then fire that stored air outwards.
How fast the valve can release that stored air is the key to making this consistant.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:22 am

swatti wrote:The valve i have is quite sensitive to how much you push the button and this makes it very inconsistant
Why not use an electrically powered solenoid valve then to eliminate this inconsistency?
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
farcticox1
Sergeant
Sergeant

Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:03 pm

Would this work ?
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
swatti
Private
Private

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:13 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote: Why not use an electrically powered solenoid valve then to eliminate this inconsistency?
One: It needs a battery then. More parts, me no likey

Two: It has to reset somehow. Leaving the button/trigger pressed would leave the setup powering the solenoid.

If nothing else works, i could make a "striker" to fire on the valve-button. Adds parts once more but doable. I'd prefer to skip that via 3rd party valve.
farcticox1 wrote:Would this work ?
Soooo... It vents the air out from port3 to "nowhere" ?

I'm using one of those 3-way valves. Problem is, pressing the button, or in your case the roller-lever sloooowly makes it hiss/leak some of the air.

I need a system that keeps all the air in untill the button is pressed, then it releases all of it, at once but not a single hiss untill the button is pressed down hard enough.
Its something "pressure locked" or "pressure actuated" -valve, thingy... I dont have the terms. Muh Finnish rallye-driver english fails me.
farcticox1
Sergeant
Sergeant

Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:11 pm

You want to dump the whole chamber for one shot? then a simple QEV setup will work fine, If you're getting a hissing then it sounds like it is connected wrong. This is as simple as it gets, it's my KISS pistol :shock: (this is filled from the P port of the QEV so it is not modified, if you want to fill from the A port/chamber it will need modifying)

[youtube][/youtube]
wyz2285
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2
Austria

Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:41 pm

Just use a hammer valve... for 300 psi and the power you're seeking it's enough.
CpTn_lAw wrote: :D "yay, me wanna make big multishot pnoob with 1000 psi foot pump compressor using diamond as main material. Do you think wet bread make good sealant? " :D