modifying srinkler valve question

A place for general potato gun questions and discussions.
Cminion
Recruit
Recruit

Tue May 24, 2005 6:21 pm

i did everything in the how two but on the 1/4" male barbed hose adaptor when you screw it in the underneath part is it suppost to have so much mettal sticking out? cause now when i pust on the valve from underneath it does not move much cause it hits the mettal from the hose adptor. is it not suppost to move that much or what, and was wondering how exacly does the blow gun make the valve open, like does the valve when presser is applied when you press it the air that is being pressed in the tube going to the blowgun release and open the valve till the psi gets low enough to where the valve closes again? trying to figure these valves out, i searched alot and can find how to make them and what to do but not how they work with the blowgun. i just need someone to explain it to me, thx for any help.
spudshot
Sergeant
Sergeant

Tue May 24, 2005 6:27 pm

basically when you press the blowgun the air above the rubber piece is blown out, that means taht the air in the chamber pushes the rubber piece up and allows the air to go to the barrel, i dont quite understand what you said, but it sounds like the diaphragm is hitting your hose barb, when i had that happen i had to grind down the threads of the barb and put it in the valve again, try to get some pics up, since you kind of had alot of run on sentences i cant understand whats wrong
iamthewalrus
Corporal
Corporal

Tue May 24, 2005 6:34 pm

to go with what spud said. in the diaphram is a little tiny how, that is the equalizer, when u fill the tank equal air is put on the top and bottom of the diaphram but when the blow gun open on the top it is not equal and the hole cant equalize as fast at air is pushing on it so the diphram lifts lets the air out into the barrel untill it is equalized again.
i got connections with the modfia, watch who ur talkin to noob.

talk to me on AIM at iamthwalrus3