my plan for my hybrid

A place for general potato gun questions and discussions.
spudshot
Sergeant
Sergeant

Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:43 pm

i've been wanting to build a hybrid for a while now, and i keep designing, and learning more about them, i believe i've come to a final plan for what i'm going to build. all of the materials will be either special steel, brass, or stainless steel pieces rated to 1000PSI or more ordered from http://www.mcmaster.com i've got a color code up so it should be pretty much self explanitory, in the top leg of the tee will be a wire epoxied into a bushing reduced to 1/8" that wire will be the 1st electrode, while the entire chamber, being of a conductive material will be the other electrode. in the rear of the chamber is the peak pressure gauge, and the fill valves where i input air and propane. i'm unsure whether i wish to use a union, or go with cam-lock fittings instead. the diameter of the pipe may change, depending on how much money i can save to afford all of this. i'm hoping to attain a 5x-6x mix safely (remote firing will be conducted) NOTE I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS WILL WORK, FOR ALL I KNOW THIS MAY BLOW UP ON THE FIRST SHOT, PLEASE DO NOT BUILD THIS, IT IS ONLY A CONCEPT DRAWING (figure i'd put in a disclaimer of my own, so i dont get my ass sued when donny the retard blows himself up)