File Uploader

Voice your input! Discuss anything to do with SpudFiles.com or community it's self. Constructive discussions only. This is a place to express thoughts about making the community better.
jrrdw
United States of America

Donating Members

Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:49 am

The file uploader/manager seems to load the last file first as in this, MrCrowley as you can see fixed the authoring post up a bit but look at the picture arrangement is out of order.
MrCrowley wrote:Yes, I realise the pictures are in the wrong order. It is just the way the up loader works, nothing I can do about it.

If you want your files to be uploaded in a certain order, load the file you want to appear last, first then the next and next winding up with the file you want to appear first, last.

In short load your files in reverse order as you want them to appear in your post.

Hope this helps,
jrrdw.
MrCrowley

Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:08 am

Strangely enough, it uploaded photos in a random order, well what seemed to be random. For example I uploaded photos with descriptions "fifth post a" and "fifth post b" consecutively, both of which ended up being in a completely different order from what they were uploaded in and they weren't even in consecutive order.

N.B. PUI.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:16 am

... hence the benefits of adding descriptions for the images when uploading multiple files ;)

Very coherent for PUI btw :D
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
MrCrowley

Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:21 am

Very coherent for PUI btw
Maybe so but I can't understand a bloody word of your post :oops:

I think it would be best if the Spudfiles upload were separate from the post so you could upload to an album on your profile and then link the photos individually. That way you can write between each photo like OxBreath originally intended to do so. I can understand why too, when I am trying to describe something difficult, I will upload to photobucket so I can linkk photos in succession.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:27 am

MrCrowley wrote:I think it would be best if the Spudfiles upload were separate from the post so you could upload to an album on your profile and then link the photos individually.
That would be easier but maybe it would make hotlinking easier, I don't know if PC_GUY has safeguards against bandwith theft.

When you upload pictures, there's a box under "Filename" marked "File Comment", adding a description of the picture there means you don't have to do so in the post, nor do you have to worry about upload order, unless of course you're using pictures to describe a specific sequence.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
jrrdw
United States of America

Donating Members

Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:52 am

Worked in reverse order, test results here.
Technician1002
Captain
Captain

Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:59 pm

It's a little work, but if you upload the photos directly into the Album using the tab on the top, you can upload in any order and then link to them in your post in any order you like.

For example Image 1

Image 2

And image 1 again

Hmm.. BB Code seems to be broken. This used to work.

Poster: Technician1002
Image: Test Upload 2
BBCode: [albumimg]458[/albumimg]

(copy and paste the above into a post in the forums to make an automatic linking image to this page)
Any order. Images can be rotated at time it is uploaded.