Microsoft based email blockage

Voice your input! Discuss anything to do with SpudFiles.com or community it's self. Constructive discussions only. This is a place to express thoughts about making the community better.
PCGUY
Owner
Owner
United States of America

Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:35 pm

Hello,

It has come to my attention that SpudFiles emails had started getting blocked on all Microsoft based email domains (hotmail, MSN, outlook, etc). This came to my attention after several people had troubles registering. This has apparently been ongoing for months.

This also means any notification emails to those Microsoft email users may have gone missed.

After dealing with Microsoft, SpudFiles is now free and clear to send mail to all Microsoft owned domains.

I've resent activation emails to those inactive accounts (quite a few!).

If anyone has any troubles, please let me know. Thanks!
Yes, I am the guy that owns & operates SpudFiles (along with our extremely helpful moderators).
Ragnarok
Captain
Captain

Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:28 am

I think this problem is still persisting, as no reset e-mails came through to my hotmail.co.uk address when I tried to reset my password the other day - I'm on a different computer to normal, and after about attempt #5 to work out which password I'd used*, I decided to just go for a reset. (Fortunately, when I did eventually work out which password I'd used, my attempts to reset it hadn't invalidated my old one).

I'm not even sure if my attempts to use the "Contact Admin" form worked, as I got nothing back after that.

*It's a bloody nightmare. My main password (which modifies slightly depending on the site I'm visiting, so it's never quite reused) can't be used for every website, as some sites say it's too long or contains invalid characters, so it forces me to make up new passwords for a lot of sites, and I can then never remember which sites do or don't have the esoteric requirements, so it can take dozens of attempts to get the right password and spell it correctly.

I guess the smart thing to do would be pick a new main password that fits requirements better, but that then means ANOTHER password to add to the list of possibilities, and frankly, I'm angry that with all the data that websites store on people, they can't find the space on their database to allow passwords more than 16 characters.
Last edited by Ragnarok on Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
PCGUY
Owner
Owner
United States of America

Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:10 pm

Seems that someone else is reporting the same troubles as you Ragnarok... silly Microsoft, we don't seem to have this trouble with anyone else.
Yes, I am the guy that owns & operates SpudFiles (along with our extremely helpful moderators).