GGDT and HGDT

Voice your input! Discuss anything to do with SpudFiles.com or community it's self. Constructive discussions only. This is a place to express thoughts about making the community better.
PCGUY
Owner
Owner
United States of America

Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:57 pm

Sorry for the late reply on this. I saw the links had been posted, so I did not want to take any further action until SpudFiles had been upgraded.

I would really like to add a new page dedicated to GGDT and HGDT. The page will go in the main menu bar on the top/left of the revised SpudFiles look. This will become the "official" page for these tools and downloads.

D_Hall, do you have any of the old documentation that went along with these? Or perhaps you or someone else is willing to help create some? Simple things about usage, running as an admin, the files that may need to be added, etc. I can certainly help here but don't want to reinvent the wheel if unnecessary!
Yes, I am the guy that owns & operates SpudFiles (along with our extremely helpful moderators).
D_Hall
Staff Sergeant 5
Staff Sergeant 5
United States of America

Donating Members

Sat May 02, 2020 10:01 pm

PCGUY wrote:
D_Hall, do you have any of the old documentation that went along with these? Or perhaps you or someone else is willing to help create some? Simple things about usage, running as an admin, the files that may need to be added, etc. I can certainly help here but don't want to reinvent the wheel if unnecessary!
Somehow missed this until now.

Sorry, but no, I don't have anything that wasn't on the old website.
Simulation geek (GGDT / HGDT) and designer of Vera.
mark.f
Sergeant Major 4
Sergeant Major 4
Eritrea

Donating Members

Sun May 03, 2020 9:06 am

PCGUY wrote:
D_Hall, do you have any of the old documentation that went along with these? Or perhaps you or someone else is willing to help create some?
No need to reinvent the wheel indeed. :mrgreen:
https://web.archive.org/web/20190321135 ... index.html
Spudgunmaniac24
Private
Private
Great Britain

Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:33 pm

I really need to know how use HGDT, I can assume things, but I prefer a document that explains it, it was there in the old site, now the link to the usage page is broken.

If you have a copy of the documentation, I would really appreciate it if you shared it with me.
D_Hall
Staff Sergeant 5
Staff Sergeant 5
United States of America

Donating Members

Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:26 pm

I didn't keep anything, but if you've a specific question I'm likely to be able to answer it.
Spudgunmaniac24
Private
Private
Great Britain

Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:15 pm

D_Hall wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:26 pm
I didn't keep anything, but if you've a specific question I'm likely to be able to answer it.
The legend replied to me, I'm flattered!
I'm not an expert (not even close), so please execuse my ignorance.

Chamber Data:
What is the difference between Insulated and Adiabatic in "Insulation" dropdown menu?

Transition Data:
What is difference between Blunt and Contoured in "Profile" dropdown menu

Mix / Igniter Data:

What is:
-Nx
-Ign Num

Projectile Data

What is Friction and Init Position ?

Thanks a lot for your help!
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:37 pm

Mr Hall might jump in to correct me but here is my understanding:
Spudgunmaniac24 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:15 pm
What is the difference between Insulated and Adiabatic in "Insulation" dropdown menu?
A polymer chamber would be "insulated" and less likely to absorb heat than a metal chamber with would be "adiabatic". Any heat used to heat up the chamber is energy robbed from projectile acceleration.
What is difference between Blunt and Contoured in "Profile" dropdown menu
Is there a right angle between the barrel and the chamber or is there a smooth conical transition between the two?
What is:
-Nx
-Ign Num
Nx would be the mix number, where 1x is a combustion cannon at atmospheric pressure.

If the preignition pressure is say 15 psi (ie 30 psi of absolute pressure) then that would be 2x

Basically you start at 1x atmospheric pressure and for every 1 bar of preignition pressure, you add 1x

Ign Num is the number of spark gaps.
What is Friction and Init Position ?
Friction would be the pressure needed to get the projectile moving in the barrel.

If for example it's a marble that simply rolls down the barrel by gravity, then you can use 0 psi. If the projectile doesn't roll out but moves when you blow down the barrel, then that would be about 3 psi.

Initial position is where the projectile is in the barrel. If the base of the projectile touches the end of the barrel then put it at zero.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
D_Hall
Staff Sergeant 5
Staff Sergeant 5
United States of America

Donating Members

Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:00 pm

Jack got it right.