Voice your input! Discuss anything to do with SpudFiles.com or community it's self. Constructive discussions only. This is a place to express thoughts about making the community better.
pyromanic13
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:56 pm

ok, I'm computer illiterate so can someone explain to me in retard terms how to make + put on an avy?

-thanks
Movie dialogue: "The good die first."
Tom: "But most of us are morally ambiguous, which explains our random dying
patterns."
rna_duelers
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3

Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:07 am

Go to your profile,and under all the the preferences it says load avatar from/machine/URL/off site avatar.Click on either the browse button to get one off your machine or get a URL link for one.

But the picture you upload must be small,so get a small picture off the net or get one fo your own and shrink it in paint.Shrinking the size in paint is the easyest way i know of,so upload a pic in paint and go to image and go strech/skew and make them small go to about 5% by 5% for an avator i would say.
pyromanic13
Corporal 5
Corporal 5

Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:19 am

it keeps saying I'm excedding the kb's? is this too large?

p.s it was the first avy that looked decent to me
Movie dialogue: "The good die first."
Tom: "But most of us are morally ambiguous, which explains our random dying
patterns."
CS

Donating Members

Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:26 am

Well according to recently contacted PCGUY, the upload limit is 10KB. Your image is 20.64 KB's. I notice that you saved it as a '.png'. This discussed image type typically consumes a lot of memory when used to 'save' images with a array of colors. I typically only save pictures with the 16 or so MSPaint pictures with .png. Id suggest you resave the image with either a '.gif' or '.jpeg' file type.
PCGUY
Owner
Owner
United States of America

Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:37 am

.gif's and .png's are about the same. Personally I like .png's for web design. I am at work right now so I can't see the image, however in your profile you can link to off-topic signatures that are larger.

Just put the direct link to the image in your profile for your avatar.

Also pyromanic13, I am moving this thread. I want to ensure you get an email from the forum saying that I moved it. Please let me know via reply to this thread or PM/IM.
Yes, I am the guy that owns & operates SpudFiles (along with our extremely helpful moderators).