How stuff works Forum?

Voice your input! Discuss anything to do with SpudFiles.com or community it's self. Constructive discussions only. This is a place to express thoughts about making the community better.
CS

Donating Members

Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:02 pm

I thougth of this when I went to howstuffworks.com. What if you made a new forum under the general catergorie and inside you would have articles on how stuff works and the science behind stuff Ex:combustion, pneumatic, hybrid, silencer, etc. I think this would cut down on all the noob questions. I would be more then happy to help write some of these articles. I think it would be a big help to the noobs if they new the science behind something rather then how to do it. Example if you give plans to a noob on how to make a combustion gun theyll come back later asking questions like how big should my chamber size be but if you explained how a combustion worked like "when you ignite the fuel in your chamber there is pressure created so that pressure wants to go the easiest way out and that easiest way out is the barrel but before that pressure can leave it needs to push the ammo out of the way which again is out the barrel" (thats how a spud cannon works). So now that noob can hopefully by now know the answers to some of Q's. Sound like a good idea?
iamthewalrus
Corporal
Corporal

Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:46 pm

that sounds like a very good idea, like a spudgunning 101 section
i got connections with the modfia, watch who ur talkin to noob.

talk to me on AIM at iamthwalrus3
saladtossser
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3

Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:04 pm

they used spudguns as an example of a car engine
"whoa... I thought pimpmann was black..."-pyromanic13
boilingleadbath
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:09 am

Why don't I just point you towards the spud wiki beta.

Yeah, it's not ready to roll yet... is it, PCguy? Are there functions you need to add, or is read to use?
PCGUY
Owner
Owner
United States of America

Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:25 pm

It's not quite ready yet, almost though since i've decided that it woulden't be worth it to keep trying to make it match the rest of my site.
Yes, I am the guy that owns & operates SpudFiles (along with our extremely helpful moderators).