Spud Gun Myth for Mythbusters?

A place for general potato gun questions and discussions.

Should I try to get an episode aired?

No. It's a bad idea.
19%
Go for it. It would be interesting.
81%

Total votes: 21
Hotwired
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3

Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:30 am

*shrug*

There are a fair few people around here who understand pretty much all the usual themes in spudgunning and catch on easily enough if a new one turns up.

It's not rocket science, just fairly simple physics and a little chemistry which hardly needs to be aware of if you just stick to tried and tested methods.

Energy transfer and ballistics is rarely gone into in detail and doing so is probably the last thing on an average spudgunners mind. A more likely scenario goes along the lines of stuffing something cheap/interesting into the barrel and firing it at something interesting/solid.

I'm undecided. Could show the hobby in either kinds of light depending on how they decide to do it because experienced spudgunner making a guest appearance or not they're doing it for entertainment.
BigGrib
Corporal 2
Corporal 2

Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:31 pm

Ragnarok wrote:
It's not too important, but you added an R - it's just Suprise.
Joel would be a good expert, but he's wrapping up his business, and moving on to different things, I'm not so sure he'd appear as an expert as he hasn't got a business to promote any more.
Hell He's trying to sell it, I think national exposure to that fact would help him sell it faster.
Yea, that's definitely going to get you at least a tazer.
<a href="">DONT TAZE ME BRO.. DONT TAZE ME... AHHHH</a>
facebook.com/biggrib
Ragnarok
Captain
Captain

Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:41 pm

You think he'd be able to promote the sale of his business on the TV?

I somewhat doubt such "advertisement" would make it into the episode.
Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?