"Offtopic-posts-topic" NSFW

Meaningful discussion outside of the potato gun realm. Projects, theories, current events. Non-productive discussion will be locked.
linuxexorcist
Private 4
Private 4

Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:02 pm

well it certainly isn't propelling anything specific i guess
Technician1002
Captain
Captain

Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:37 pm

Found this. Propane combustion and music.. What's there to not like.. No projectiles so off topic and belongs here. Enjoy.

http://www.chrismarion.net/index.php?op ... Itemid=226
[youtube][/youtube]
Fnord
First Sergeant 2
First Sergeant 2

Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:47 pm

So, it's a guitar hero controller hooked up to a bunch of solenoids and a propane tank?

And he didn't play Through the Fire and the Flames on it???
Or Propane Nightmares?
wtf.
SpudBlaster15
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3
Seychelles

Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:23 pm

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras nec placerat erat. Vivamus dapibus egestas nunc, at eleifend neque. Suspendisse potenti. Sed dictum lacus eu nisl pretium vehicula. Ut faucibus hendrerit nisi. Integer ultricies orci eu ultrices malesuada. Fusce id mauris risus. Suspendisse finibus ligula et nisl rutrum efficitur. Vestibulum posuere erat pellentesque ornare venenatis. Integer commodo fermentum tortor in pharetra. Proin scelerisque consectetur posuere. Vestibulum molestie augue ac nibh feugiat scelerisque. Sed aliquet a nunc in mattis.
Last edited by SpudBlaster15 on Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
saefroch
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:52 pm

So I guess there was no interest in a homemade ball mill and some Mg?
SpudBlaster15
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3
Seychelles

Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:53 pm

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras nec placerat erat. Vivamus dapibus egestas nunc, at eleifend neque. Suspendisse potenti. Sed dictum lacus eu nisl pretium vehicula. Ut faucibus hendrerit nisi. Integer ultricies orci eu ultrices malesuada. Fusce id mauris risus. Suspendisse finibus ligula et nisl rutrum efficitur. Vestibulum posuere erat pellentesque ornare venenatis. Integer commodo fermentum tortor in pharetra. Proin scelerisque consectetur posuere. Vestibulum molestie augue ac nibh feugiat scelerisque. Sed aliquet a nunc in mattis.
Last edited by SpudBlaster15 on Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
ramses
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2
United States of America

Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:20 pm

For some reason that looked kinda weak for 100g. There was no good indication of scale, so this could be off-base.
POLAND_SPUD wrote:even if there was no link I'd know it's a bot because of female name :D
saefroch
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2

Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:33 pm

ramses wrote:For some reason that looked kinda weak for 100g.
It also wasn't confined... but I'd highly reccomend a blast shield for the camera before you do (if ever) confine it.

I did some very newbie experimentation with Mg a while ago, but I'm not sure if it's allowed in this thread. In any case, even with a very large grain size, in a properly designed container it can produce some good results. Or it can become a rocket engine if you go overboard. :roll:
SpudBlaster15
First Sergeant 3
First Sergeant 3
Seychelles

Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:38 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:52 pm

Lighters, small parts for mini pneumatics, right?

... or making tiny motorbikes, yay!

hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
Gun Freak
Lieutenant 5
Lieutenant 5

Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:53 pm

For a second I thought you made those! HAH! :lol:
OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
clemsonguy1125
Sergeant 5
Sergeant 5

Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:15 pm

I think I can see the epoxy on them......
Labtecpower
Sergeant 3
Sergeant 3
Eritrea

Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:22 pm

SpudBlaster15 wrote:
ramses wrote:For some reason that looked kinda weak for 100g.
For some reason I don't think you have any practical experience with HE materials.

What, precisely, were you expecting? It's a moderate size charge of a relatively low performance HE (~4.5km/s) buried in a snowbank. It's not going to create a seismic event and level a square kilometer of forest.

We'll need DYI's cast HMX filled shed to accomplish that. :wink:
Well, actually the blast looked fairly strong to me. The shockwave visible in the loose snow was quite impressive.
Btw, the explosion-killing ability of snow is amazing. I tested it at new year's eve.

@JSR:

Those lightercycles are very cool! They should make an engine for them too :D
Maybe a grasshopper could ride it then...

Edit: verrekte Nederlandse spelling / grammatica
Last edited by Labtecpower on Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Technician1002
Captain
Captain

Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:29 pm

A few years ago I had some illegal firecrackers and tried to blow up a plowed snowbank. Used a broom handle to punch a deep hole into the bank and dropped in a M80. You could hardly hear it go off. The hole in the snowbank gave a short spurt of tossed snow and that was it.

A snowbank has immense energy damping power. Digging out the snowbank confirmed that the M80 did go off as there was a spherical cavity inside the bank where it went off.

Snow is an excellent silencer.

Normally those are very loud and are able to make shrapnel out of soup cans.

I'm no longer young and crazy. Those things were dangerous with a fuse way too short.
ramses
Staff Sergeant 2
Staff Sergeant 2
United States of America

Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:13 pm

My point was that there was no real representation of scale. That could have been a huge snow pile (which, I take it, it was) or a few shovels full. I admit that I don't play with HE as much as I would like (not at all actually). I did not intend my comment to be negative or disrespectful. We should probably stop talking about this sort of stuff, though.

JSR, those are glorious!
POLAND_SPUD wrote:even if there was no link I'd know it's a bot because of female name :D