GGDT and HGDT

Voice your input! Discuss anything to do with SpudFiles.com or community it's self. Constructive discussions only. This is a place to express thoughts about making the community better.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Fri May 10, 2019 5:29 am

Since D_Hall's site is down indefinitely, could we get GGDT and HGDT available for download on spudfiles? Perhaps linked to on the wiki page? First of all, would D_Hall object to this?

It really is an invaluable tool for the serious hobbyist and it would be a shame not to have this resource easily obtainable.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
jrrdw
United States of America

Donating Members

Fri May 10, 2019 5:58 am

I think D_Hall and PCGUY may already be talking about doing this but I have not heard anything officially about it, keep your fingers crossed that it comes to be.
Moonbogg
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3
United States of America

Fri May 10, 2019 10:37 am

I love HGDT. It would be great to have it hosted here.
D_Hall
Staff Sergeant 5
Staff Sergeant 5
United States of America

Donating Members

Sun May 12, 2019 12:29 am

Yes, the plan is to have both packages hosted here. I've talked to PCGuy. He's agreed. I just need to package everything up so that it'll go through email for him.
Simulation geek (GGDT / HGDT) and designer of Vera.
D_Hall
Staff Sergeant 5
Staff Sergeant 5
United States of America

Donating Members

Sun May 19, 2019 9:01 pm

For what it's worth, I got of me arse and sent the files to PCGuy about 10 minutes ago.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:46 am

In the meantime, the download files are attached to this post.

HGDT page archived

GGDT page archived
Attachments
GGDT.zip
(576.3 KiB) Downloaded 1221 times
HGDT.zip
(564.38 KiB) Downloaded 1085 times
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
PCGUY
Owner
Owner
United States of America

Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:11 pm

Thanks guys, the full webpage for GGDT from Mr. Hall here will be online shortly! Was on vacation but I'm back and catching up.
Yes, I am the guy that owns & operates SpudFiles (along with our extremely helpful moderators).
Moonbogg
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3
United States of America

Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Awesome! HGDT is great, but what I'd really like is to borrow Mr. Hall's brain for a weekend or so. Maybe if I stick an RJ45 in my ear PCGUY can work out the rest and connect us up?
farcticox1
Sergeant
Sergeant

Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:37 pm

Like this :shock: :idea:
mentalism-759x500.jpg
D_Hall
Staff Sergeant 5
Staff Sergeant 5
United States of America

Donating Members

Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:11 pm

Moonbogg wrote:Awesome! HGDT is great, but what I'd really like is to borrow Mr. Hall's brain for a weekend or so. Maybe if I stick an RJ45 in my ear PCGUY can work out the rest and connect us up?
You do realize you live like 2 hrs from me is all, right?
Moonbogg
Staff Sergeant 3
Staff Sergeant 3
United States of America

Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:08 pm

D_Hall wrote:
Moonbogg wrote:Awesome! HGDT is great, but what I'd really like is to borrow Mr. Hall's brain for a weekend or so. Maybe if I stick an RJ45 in my ear PCGUY can work out the rest and connect us up?
You do realize you live like 2 hrs from me is all, right?
Maybe one of these days we can meet up and shoot the breeze and do some shooting.
TenTerabyte
Private
Private

Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:45 am

I am relativity new to spud guns (I have built 2 pneumatic cannons without any real software) and I am trying to download HGDT and GGDT so i can build a long range (stationary) egg cannon. I tried to download them and they both gave the same error message, "Run-time error '339': Component 'comdlg.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid." There was a file named COMDLG.OCX in the folder so i renamed it comdlg.ocx and that didn't fix it. Any ideas on how to fix this?
jrrdw
United States of America

Donating Members

Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:16 pm

TenTerabyte wrote:I am relativity new to spud guns (I have built 2 pneumatic cannons without any real software) and I am trying to download HGDT and GGDT so i can build a long range (stationary) egg cannon. I tried to download them and they both gave the same error message, "Run-time error '339': Component 'comdlg.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid." There was a file named COMDLG.OCX in the folder so i renamed it comdlg.ocx and that didn't fix it. Any ideas on how to fix this?
There are how to YouTube video on how to register .ocx files in Windows systems.
TenTerabyte
Private
Private

Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:20 pm

I figured it out. All I had to do was run it as administrator. Sorry if you reply to run it as and administrator before this post is posted as I am new and a moderator will have to approve my message.
D_Hall
Staff Sergeant 5
Staff Sergeant 5
United States of America

Donating Members

Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:13 pm

TenTerabyte wrote:I figured it out. All I had to do was run it as administrator. Sorry if you reply to run it as and administrator before this post is posted as I am new and a moderator will have to approve my message.
Yeah, sorry about that. I wrote them a long time ago using software that was old even then. The long story short is that the security protocols common today didn't exist when I wrote 'em. As a result, current versions of Windows view it with suspicion...

[insert evil laugh here]