Hammer valve Tee style

Building or modifying BB, Airsoft, and Pellet type of guns. Show off your custom designs, find tips and other discussion. Target practice only!
Haniball1337
Private 4
Private 4
Poland

Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:33 pm

Hi , i liked pcp airguns and decided to build one but i dont like style of normal hammer valves. I decided to try build a hammer valve where I can put the barrel in front of the valve. I builded something like this on the picture.
Air is escaping like sieve from the back where is the squished rubber washer , I squished it as hardest as i can. But I think it's the problem that i used bolt and not nail and i needed to remove the threads. I done this with my lathe but maybe air escape beacuse it's not that good smooth. I will try it with smooth nail. Do you think it is smooth problem? I don't know how many people make valve in that style , isn't he better than normal style hammer valve?
Attachments
Zawór moj hammer.png
Zawór moj hammer.png (29.38 KiB) Viewed 2907 times
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:32 am

This is more or less the style of valve used in the Weihrauch HW40/Beeman P17 series of single-stroke pneumatic pistols, except the valve is pulled rather than pushed open.
I don't know how many people make valve in that style , isn't he better than normal style hammer valve?
The advantage of this type of valve is that it is balanced, so requires less effort to open. Unless you're using very high pressures, this might not really be a worthwhile benefit.

You definitely need a smooth rod in order to keep a good seal and not cut up the rubber.

Why aren't you using an o-ring instead of a rubber washer as a seal?

You can also put o-rings on the rod itself, if you have a lathe it should be easy to cut some o-ring grooves.
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
Haniball1337
Private 4
Private 4
Poland

Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:55 am

Compression fittings are two 1/2 extensions and I was only having 1/2 rubber washers that have 6 mm ID and the nail diameter is 5mm.
I want use that valve for 100-150 bars , maybe less. Yesterday I putted 2 rubber washers in compresion fitting and air was not leaking but it wont move without lubrication that i need to do after 3-4 minutes :( but i will buy some smooth rods. Other problem is that the air is escaping now from front of the valve , but i will put there another spring and maybe it will push rod to rubber harder.