Marble Assault rifle (WITH PICS)

Show us your pneumatic spud gun! Discuss pneumatic (compressed gas) powered potato guns and related accessories. Valve types, actuation, pipe, materials, fittings, compressors, safety, gas choices, and more.

GOOD or BAD

GOOD
89%
BAD
11%

Total votes: 35
killagorrila99
Sergeant 2
Sergeant 2

Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:42 pm

Didn't work to well... It just fired them all like a shell.
"I'm sorry, Mr.Bush cant come to the phone right now, He's playing cleudo with Mr. Cheney And he has him in the Cupboard with a broom stick" -White house receptionist.
Mr.michael.2468
Private 3
Private 3

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:42 am

hey this design is great! but i gotta jump in on this discussion to ask a question about your design, i didn't see a work psi that your using it at, cuz 30psi seems low to be able to shoot it that long, and for the loading system, is it just as simple as the marbles just fall down into the barrel and get launched, making room for the next one? and also wondering why you used steel on this project, could've stuck with pvc for alot less, i know the big guys like steel but i cant even get a pressure high enough to make it worth while, oh well, whatever floats your boat, basically i was questioning the gravity feeder, i guess it could be that simple lol idk, and nice job on the sprinkler valve i almost screwed mine up, took alot of epoxy to fix it :lol: still works, because i have a system like that so maybe i'll make a barrel for it like this.
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:57 am

Mr.michael.2468 wrote:30psi seems low to be able to shoot it that long
At the rate of fire it has, perfectly feasible, and it doesn't take much to put a marble through a cardboard box.
Mr.michael.2468 wrote:and for the loading system, is it just as simple as the marbles just fall down into the barrel and get launched, making room for the next one?
Pretty much.

hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
Mr.michael.2468
Private 3
Private 3

Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:50 am

hmm cool, but with a sprinkler valve, or my 1in one the blast of air doesn't last 3 sec, and i have a much larger air tank then his little tiny one made of steel, no offense, would i just need a smaller valve to regulate the air going through the valve? i think he said his was 3/4, but it doesn't seem like such a small tank could be pushing air out for that long, specially not at 30 psi, thats really my question, i guess a video would clear it up, just making sure before i go spend 10$ on new ammo and material for a new barrel,
jackssmirkingrevenge
Five Star General
Five Star General

Donating Members

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:06 am

it doesn't seem like such a small tank could be pushing air out for that long
Keep in mind that each round in the barrel acts as a flow obstruction.

3 seconds sounds a little optimistic for such a small chamber at low pressure, I'll agree with you there, but these designs dump their magazines fairly quickly unless the air is pulsed (like I did with a pop-off valve here) so I can see it clearing a 17 round magazine, even at 30 psi.

As to a video, this launcher was posted over 4 years ago and the maker hasn't contributed to the forum in over 3 years, so it's unlikely ;)
hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
Mr.michael.2468
Private 3
Private 3

Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:56 pm

haha oh alright well if you get what i mean, i guess i'll have to try thins out then lol